Chapter 19

~Cyrus~

"My fathers here" those three words was all it took to make us all freeze in shock. But the shock didn't last for very long because with blurring speed both Lakota and Teagan were already disappearing in the trees; one of them giving out a deadly growl. With a curse I took off after my mate along with Gale beside me and the rest of the group.

"How is he moving so fast?" Gale asked in confusion at the speed which our mate was running.

"I don't know but at the moment there's not much that can surprise me after what we just witnessed in that infirmary."

"I guess we can chalk it down to the Seer again." He growled.

I glanced at him for a second then trained my eyes back on the two brothers. Why was their father here all of a sudden? Didn't he know that he was on everyone's shit list? Lakota was so lite on his feet I saw. They were barely touching the forest floor. The seer really did give Lakota her powers. I didn't know much about Seers but I did know that they had an arsenal of different powers not many other supernatural being had the luxury to have. But the big question was why would she take Lakota's wolf and give her powers to him?

The trees had turned into a blurry mass of green as we closed in on the borderline. The unfamiliar smell of another wolf invaded my senses. He really is here. We all came to a stop, moments after Lakota and Teagan arrived and there stood a deep gray wolf with white paws. And just like Lakota his eyes were a deep gold. Clenching my teeth I walked past the two siblings glaring daggers at the man.

"What was the purpose of coming here now?" I growled taking a protective stance in front of Lakota. This grabbed the older wolfs attention and he finally looked at me. Slowly we all held our breath as he walked closer crossing the border line and into our territory willingly. He just publically placed himself in a vulnerable position, in front of the Alpha no less. Then he suddenly the wolf tucked his tail between his legs and lowered himself to the ground in an act of surrender.

Stunned we all watched him, his ears laid down in perfect submission. I took a deep breath to see if this was some sort of trap but no. there were no other scents but his. Footsteps behind me approached as I glanced up to find Avery staring down at him, his expression gave nothing away.

"You are giving yourself up?" he asked, his tone was stern yet soft.

The older wolf closed his eyes and never moved.

"If this is what you want, but just know, you are not well liked here and everyone wants you dead. You may have not done anything to me and mine but the ones I have allied with would have your head if they had anything to say about it." Again the wolf didn't even flinch.

"So be it"

Reaching down Alpha Avery grabbed the back of his scruff while Connor who had rushed forward before his mate could and blocked his path. The wolf obediently followed.

"Well that was unexpected." Gale said as he watched as the four of them walked off while both Gale and I stayed behind. Sighing I turned towards Lakota but his eyes were trained only on his father.

"Come on, let's get you inside to rest." I said touching his shoulder to guide him but I was met with resistance.

"I don't feel like resting" his flat tone made me blink as I turned back to him only to see dull, vacant gold eyes staring back into mine. Instantly my blood ran cold. When I looked over at Gale I saw he had noticed the same thing and closed his eyes in dejection.

Lakota barely spared us a glance as he walked right past us and back to the house. I was sure he was more interested in his father than us. Vengeance was on his mind and nothing else.