Chap 13

Chapter 13

~Lakota~ (age 10) 

I remember the cold surrounding my frail little body. How the chains rattled with every little move I made. I was held upright on the cold wall as the silver stung my wrist and ankles. I didn't know why they hurt so much, I hadn't turned yet. The slow rhythmic sound of heels clicking against the stone floor was forever echoing in my skull. Closing my eyes I prayed for whatever was to come to already be over. I couldn't stand it anymore. The pain and suffering of my life had to end somewhere, I just knew it but when? How?

"How's my little mutt doing today?" The smooth sound of her voice caused a shiver to run down my spine.

I just want to be left alone. Set free.

Her gloved hand grabbed my chin roughly, forcing me to look up at her. The moment our eyes met I couldn't help the glare I gave her.

"Oh, what a scary look pet." She tisked.

Whack! Her hand came fast and hard across my face and I jerked with it, my body swing from the force in the chains.

"Have more respect for your owners, dog." She snapped through her clenched teeth.

Blood soon filled my mouth but all I did was stare at her. Sadly I was used to this treatment. The whole reason I have been chain to the wall for weeks now because I accidentally spilled water on the mistress's pants when I tripped.

"I'm a bit hungry pet, let's have a snack." She smiled sadistically.

This caused a skip in my heart.

"Please," I begged, using my scratchy unused voice for the first time in weeks. The screams I've made since being locked in here has made my throat permanently raw now.

"Ah, ah, ah." She ticked her finger at me as she brought her hand up to her mouth and bit down on her gloved finger. Nipping the tip of the fabric and pulled it off revealing her pale hand. I started panting in terror.

"No, please"

"Shh"

Slowly her hand inched closer and closer to me and I could do nothing to stop it. Then she touched my bare chest. And a raspy scream left my mouth as my body seized with excruciating pain.

"Yes"

******

"No!" I shot up from bed.

"Shh" someone was hugging me close. I tried to jerk away, no more I didn't want to be in pain anymore.

"No, please don't touch me anymore." I heaved, unaware of where I was.

"Lakota calm down, you're alright. You're safe." My struggling slowly stopped as the voice registered in my ears. Quickly I glanced up to find Gale's silver eyes staring down at me.

"Hey there, you're finally awake. I looked everywhere for you today." His large warm hand was caressing down my hair, combing his fingers through the strands.

"After what happened earlier I wanted to see how you were doing and I found you fast asleep."

Frowning I glanced around me and did indeed find myself in my room.

"You want to talk about it?" Gale asked suddenly, and I cringed.

"I really don't"

"Okay"

"Where is Cyrus?"

"Why, am I not good enough?" he cried, and I snapped my gaze towards him only to see him smiling down at me playfully.