Chapter 20

[WARNING: Sexual content]

~Lakota~

"I'm held prisoner by the bond your mother and I have. When she took you away from me Teagan, that was the first time I ever hated my mate. And then she demanded using her mating and Alpha influence to keep me away from you, Lakota. She ordered me never to go near you again. Using my wolf's love for her against me. And as much as I wanted to save you my body wouldn't let me defy her order.

"I love your mother, she is my other half and it's a curse. I can never fully get away from her and I can never resist her."

*****

A few hours later I was sitting alone on my bed, leaning up against the head board, just staring at the wall opposite of me. I was thinking of what my father had told Teagan and me. So it was my mother who was the mastermind behind all our suffering. How could she do that to us? Did she have no heart at all? Giving her children up like that just for magic stones?

Just then a familiar voice was echoing in my ear, and I did my best to ignore her.

"Oh pet," she purred making my skin crawl.

"He left you to me to be tortured day in and day out. Your mothers not the only evil one here." She laughed. Her hand came and caressed my hair softly which in turn made me shiver.

"Both of them are. But do you want to know why they gave you up?" she whispered.

"Because you're nothing. Nothing but fodder, mutt. My personal walking sustenance." Crawling over me, she sat down on my lap but I barely felt it. I just had to keep reminding myself that she was a figment of my imagination. Slowly I caught her hand raise up to her mouth and everything in me stilled.

It isn't real

It isn't real

It isn't real

I chanted as I watched her take her gloved finger in her mouth and bite down on the leather, pulling it off her hand with her teeth. As if in slow motion she reached out and I couldn't help but stare in horror.

"No" I whined but there was no stopping her touch. The feel of her hand pressing up against my neck brought back the memories of how it felt and I screamed.

Letting the loudest scream escape my mouth because there was nothing else I could do but endure, like Is always have and I always will, it seemed.

All I could remember was thrashing around as the pain ran through my body like a constant current of electricity.

"What's going on!" someone exclaimed as they burst into my room. It was hard to hear over my own screams. Soon I was being held down.

"Shit" I heard a deep voice that sounded a lot like Gales curse, as something shattered somewhere in the room

A pair of warm hands were now cupping my face, opening my eyes I was forced to stare in a pair of piercing blue eyes.

"C-Cyrus" I stuttered through the pain.

"Yes, it's me. Tell us what's happening" He asked, his voice held such a desperate edge.

"It hurts, she won't leave me alone." I cried.

"Okay" reaching down he pulled me in his arms, laying my head against his chest and caressed my hair soothingly.

"Who is she, Lakota?" this was a different voice. Glancing up I saw Teagan standing at the edge of the bed giving me his usual expressionless face. But even though his face was always blank you could see the fire behind those black eyes. A fire that burned so hot, fueled by his rage.