CHAPTER 1. I'M BACK

CHAPTER 1. I‘m Back

I sat down on the couch behind me and took a deep breath. I leaned back and closed my eyes, trying to convince myself that this is the reality.

That I really am back in the Philippines again, particularly in this hell of a city called Tenebrés...

I really don‘t know what‘s going on that beast‘s mind but it‘s better to follow his orders for the meantime because I really don‘t want to be stuck in this country.

I fished for my phone from my coat‘s pocket and dialed Jaemin‘s number. She answered the call after a few rings.

“Uh... Hello. Sino po sila?” she asked from the other line.

Why is she even whispering?

“This is Khali.” I replied with my usual impassive tone. I bet she can immediately recognize me by my voice and distinctive way of speaking.

“OMG, Khali? As in Khali Vernon?! Kyaaa—Ms. Santiago! Hindi ba’t mahigpit na ipinagbabawal ang paggamamit ng cellphone sa oras ng klase?!—sorry Ma‘am!”

Uh...

“Meet me after your class. At that mall.” I said before hanging up.

I glanced at my wristwatch and it was already 4:39 in the afternoon. Their class might end soon.

I stood up and looked around me.

All pieces of furniture and appliance are brand new. Perhaps, the beast already ordered our servants to organize everything in this house before I could even arrive here.

I wonder if everything happened was intentional after all?

Well, whatever.

*♡♤*

I looked for a fast food chain as soon as I arrived at the mall.

I entered the nearest one I found and headed towards a vacant seat after I ordered something to eat. The crews helped me to bring the trays on my table.

It‘s been so long since the last time I went to this kind of place. Normally, I always eat alone, on an extremely large table, filled with various cuisines made by our cooks, while they, the maids and the butlers are watching me while I was eating. I never really understand why they do that, tho.

I glanced at my right as I felt another strange presence. Felt like someone is looking at me.

Then another one across me.

Actually, I‘ve been getting a lot of glances since I entered the mall. I‘m guessing that my hair color was catching too much attention.

Maybe I should change my hair color. It‘s getting annoying.

An hour after, I heard my phone rang. Jaemin just called, asking my whereabouts.

Then few minutes later, I saw a very familiar figure, wearing a pleasant black-gray coloured school uniform, standing a few meters away from my seat.