CHAPTER 38. SHE'S NOT COLD

CHAPTER 38. She‘s not cold

TREVOR‘S POV

“Here...” I handed her the assorted flavor of ice cream she wanted and sat across her.

Tahimik lang siyang kumain habang nakatingin sa labas ng shop. I tucked her hair behind her ears as it almost went into her ice cream.

“What did Lili do this morning?” mahinahon kong tanong.

“Nag-aral malamang.” sagot niya.

Kahit pala medyo wala siya sa usual mood niya ay pabalang pa rin siya sumagot.

Alright, I like that about her, too.

Napatingin siya sa kamay niyang nabahiran ng ice cream. She was about to lick it when I quickly reached for her hand.

“No.” mariin kong wika.

Who knows if they touched that side, too?

I wiped her hand as well as the cup she was holding.

“Ang arte mo.” sabi niya.

Tinapunan ko siya ng masamang tingin. Ganito ba malungkot ‘to? Nanlalait pa rin.

Bumuntong-hininga siya at muling tumingin sa labas. I‘m sure she‘s thinking about her quarrel with Jaemin.

That‘s the reason why we‘re here after all. I hope I could lift her mood with an ice cream, tho.

“It‘s fine. I‘m sure you‘ll make up sooner or later.” I assured.

“What do you think is a friend, Kangaroo?” she suddenly asked.

“You.” I simply replied.

I didn‘t even have to think deeply about it.

I caught her attention because of that response. She stared at me with her usual blank eyes.

“A person who takes care of the other, and doesn‘t hesitate to sacrifice herself for the sake of the other. Someone who‘s always there for the other when they need them.” I explained.

In fact, I just simply described her.

“That‘s exactly you, Lili.” I added with a proud smile. “No one‘s a better friend than you.”

I‘m a witness of how great of a friend Lili is. She wouldn‘t be worrying about this stuff if she‘s not a good friend.

“I wasn‘t like that...” she said. “I wasn‘t always there for her.”

Her eyes were expressionless as always, her tone was impassive as always, but I could feel something between those words she just said.

“She still thinks it‘s all because of my promise.” she added with a low voice.

I have no idea what kind of promise is that but I‘m pretty sure that it‘s still all for Jaemin.

“I think, it wasn‘t me that she needs. Maybe it‘s her...” she muttered.

Hindi ko alam pero parang may iba pa siyang tinutukoy maliban doon sa babaeng nanira sa kaniya kay Jaemin.