Chapter 25 - The Truth Comes Out

Jessie

The party is wild, the lights of a little colorful disco ball dancing off of the sweaty bodies. I looked behind me when I walked inside of the house to see if Sebastian had followed me, but I couldn't see anything other than unfamiliar faces a little too close to me.

I push past the people to get to a living room, where Ryker is leaning back on a couch, Sidney beside him, and Grace and Tanisha laughing in front of them, saying something about how Sidney needs a haircut. Toby and Patrick are on the loveseat, and unsurprisingly making out.

"Get a room," I laugh when I walk up, but neither of them seems to notice me, or they just don't care. My other friends look up though, and before Grace can pull me into a big bear hug, Ryker tugs on my arm and I fall down onto his lap. I grunt, "possessive much," and place a soft kiss on his cheek.

Ryker glares playfully at Grace, folding his arms around my waist. "She's mine, back off."

Grace laughs, and crosses her arms across her chest. "So," she glances at me, a smirk playing on her lips. "You two are dating, then?"

I open my mouth to say something, and look down into Ryker's brown eyes, and he smiles up at me, shrugging his shoulders. "Something like that." I laugh, pecking his lips. His hands move up to my brown hair. "But we haven't really been on a proper date, have we? We've just kind of gone out and then," he laughs, "you know."

I kiss him again. "Tomorrow night, alright?"

A snicker comes from beside Ryker. I glance over at Sidney, who's trying to hide his smile. I frown. "What are you laughing about, blondie?"

He shrugs. "It's just," I raise an eyebrow, and he laughs. "The last time I talked to you, Jessie, you were telling me about how much you hate Ryker and how he's such an asshole. I mean," Sidney slaps the back of Ryker's head jokingly, "he still is an asshole."

Ryker tickles my sides, and I screech, trying to slap his hands away. He grabs my wrist with one hand, and laughs, "you hate me, huh?" I shake my head, still trying to get away, but he continues tickling me, his fingers grazing over my bare skin. "You don't hate me?" He laughs again, nipping at my neck as I try to squirm away, and I fall against Sidney, but he holds his arms up, wanting nothing to do with the situation.

"I don't hate you, babe," I giggle, as he picks me up, making me straddle his hips, and I quickly press my lips down on his, and his hands instantly stop. I pull away, and he cocks a brow. "I love you, Ryker, so stop freaking tickling me before I change my mind."

He pecks my chin. "You can change your mind, but not your heart."

Beside us, Sidney chuckles. "She loves you."

Ryker makes a noise. "Of course she does," he brags, and motions to himself, "how could anyone not love this?" I roll my eyes and shake my head. I don't know why I still love him, or love him even more, when he's so cocky. But I guess he does know how gorgeous he is.

"So," Ryker says, making me sit down on his lap again. "Did you come with Sebastian?" I nod, but before I can say anything, Patrick has somehow pulled himself from his boyfriend, and plops himself down on my lap, taking me into his arms. Ryker, instead of making a fuss, just snorts and leans back, pretending not to care that two people are sitting on him.

"I heard," Patrick whispers, "That Sebastian's your brother. I'm really happy for you." I laugh into his neck and hug Patrick back tightly, but he asks, "Why do you look so sad though?" I pull away, confusion crossing my face. I'm not sad. He shakes his head, and shrugs, and I decide not to say anything if he doesn't ask again.