Chapter 7 - Revealed

Chapter 7 – Revealed

"Ryker," I groan once again beside him, hitting his chest. "It's already like ten o'clock. Are you taking me home, or what's going on? If you make me stay here for the night, you better promise to take me home in the morning. I need my things for school."

Ryker sighs beside me, pulling his feet onto the couch and curling up into a ball. He moves away from me and snuggles into the sofa cushions, pretending to go to sleep.

I punch his shoulder but he doesn't budge.

We have been sitting on the couch in his room for over an hour doing nothing but watching a boxing match on his TV. I'm bored as heck, especially after Ryker and I cleaned up the kitchen because his parents and little brother went over to some other brother's place.

Then I suggested that we finish Ryker's Spanish paragraph so he can't use that as an excuse to get me over to his house again, and we finished it with Ryker not letting me help him because he's actually good at Spanish and he'd rather have me watch for any mistakes.

That's when I got bored out of my mind because I watched until he finished, but he made no mistakes at all, and even though I was bored, I was impressed. Ryker's actually good at school; he just doesn't look like he'd be.

And then we sat down to watch TV, and now here we are, and although he may really like boxing, Ryker is doing this to me on purpose.

I sigh heavily, and groan in frustration.

Ryker finally talks, giving up on pretending to be asleep. "You didn't really fall down the stairs, did you?" he asks, knowing the answer already.

"I did," I mumble quietly, "but maybe with a little help."

"I knew it," he sighs. He rolls over on the couch again and takes my face into his hands, staring into my eyes. "Who is it? Who did this to you?" I shrug, and he nuzzles into my neck. I squeal and jump off of the couch on one foot, throwing myself onto his bed.

"Ryker Knight!" I growl and change the subject, massaging my forehead in frustration. "Take me home. Right now you bastard!"

"No," he says bluntly. "I don't want to." I sit up and look at him, and he grins, walking over to his dresser. "You can sleep here," he tells me, throwing me one of his shirts. "I'll take the couch, you can have my bed. Do you need anything else?"

"Maybe a little privacy," I hiss, and Ryker just laughs. I expect him to leave me alone to get changed, but instead he picks me up with his shirt in my hand, carrying me to the washroom.

He sets me down inside and walks out, closing the door behind him. I wait for a moment since I don't hear him walk away. "Are you okay?" He asks suddenly when I don't do anything, and I growl something that even I can't make out under my breath. "Okay, and if you need to brush your teeth, there's an extra toothbrush in the drawer. Don't you dare use mine."

I laugh. "Maybe I will."

Ryker sighs. "Well I just brushed my teeth before and now it has my germs on it. But go ahead and use it if you want to. You'll pick up my germs anyway if you kiss me, and we all know that's going to happen someday."

"Gross," I huff and turn the water on, and I think I hear Ryker walk away. He's so weird. I would never kiss him, and I would never use his toothbrush either. I snoop in the drawers instead and find the extra one, as well as a package of condoms. Gross again. I wash my face quickly and brush my teeth too, secretly happy that I'm here now instead of at home.

But that reminds me that I haven't texted my mom about where I am. I pull my phone out and I have zero messages on it, so I send one to my mom. I can tell she reads it, but she doesn't reply. Good. I'm not in the mood to talk to her.