Chapter 19 - Everything

(Sebastian)

Chapter 19 – Everything

The first thought that comes to my mind when I see Ryker's friend in his orange jumpsuit is 'are we related?' His deep eyes are stuck to mine, almost whispering the same words. Do I know him from somewhere, or could he possibly be a relative?

Ryker is clueless to what's going on, obviously not seeing any resemblance, otherwise he would have mentioned it the first time he saw me, but I can look right through this guy like he is myself. Except, he can't be me in any way, like my twin. He'd have to be an adult already to be in prison instead of a juvenile facility, and I'm only seventeen.

"Alright, do you guys know each other or something?" Ryker finally asks. We both shake our heads, not even looking to Ryker when we silently answer him. Could my parents have had a child before me? Could my mother have given him up? Or, could he only have been my father's child? He could know my father.

I take a step towards him, confusion exploding inside of my mind as I walk around him, and he turns swiftly, holding my gaze. Ryker makes a sound and takes my body into his arms by slinging one over my shoulder. "You guys are really freaking me out," he openly admits, looking over at his friend as he pulls me slightly away from him. "What's going on, man?"

"Nothing," the guy says, although I'm sure he has the same thoughts as me storming through his head. "She just looks familiar, that's all."

"Uha," Ryker says, knowing it's much more than that. "This is my, well, this is Jessie. I asked her to come with me to see you, I haven't been here in awhile, I know. But now I'm not sure this was such a good idea. Please stop scaring me."

Ryker's friend ignores him. "Nice to meet you, Jessie. I'm Sebastian." He holds his hand out as he greets me, and I raise my trembling arm to shake it. So this is Sebastian. The guy Sidney was talking about in the waiting room of the hospital after Jack and Ryker almost killed each other. "How old are you?"

"Dude!"

"I I'm," I stutter, "I'm seventeen. And, and you?"

"Twenty," he says, scratching his lip. I notice snakebites below it, unoccupied by any lip rings. They most likely didn't allow any of that in a prison, which makes me wonder whether or not lip rings could actually be harmful. Sebastian doesn't look like someone who would stab another prisoner with a lip ring though. He looks desperate to get out of here. "Man, the years have gone by. I've been locked up now for almost 1,095 days."

He sighs. "Oh my God. A year in some retarded juvenile inferno and one stuck in the shitty prison, where they wont give me proper food!" He raises his voice and throws his head back, groaning, "I can't fucking wait to get out of this hellhole!"

The guard from before hears Sebastian, just like he wants her to, and gives him a stern look. "Watch it, young man," she warns, crossing her arms to make herself seem more authoritative.

Sebastian laughs. "Watch what you're looking at when you're talking to me," he snaps back, and points up to his face. "My eyes are up here, not down here!" He grabs his crotch next and the woman gives him a disgusted look as she walks away, blushing immensely while the other guards burst out laughing.

For a prisoner, they sure seem to like Sebastian a lot. I guess he makes their day of just standing around and watching people a little less dull and exhausting. Except for the woman guard. He must've made her life a living hell. "Well, ladies and gentleman," he looks around at the guards, visitors and fellow prisoners. "I wish I was just here for your entertainment."

Ryker really chuckles for the first time since we've been in the prison, and I try my hardest not to laugh too. I'd say the way he talked to the guard was rather rude and disrespectful, mostly because she was a woman. "It was actually kind of funny how I was arrested," Sebastian goes on.