Chapter 6 - Another Life

Chapter 6 – Another Life

"Dude," I hear someone whisper through the darkness. "Why do you have a hot chick in your bed? I thought you always go back to their houses to do stuff?"

"Do stuff?" Ryker's voice answers, laughing a little. "You're like nine. You're not supposed to know about stuff I do."

"Why not?"

Ryker sighs, and even though my eyes are closed, I seem to see him turn to the other person in the room. "Because you're a kid. Once you're my age, you can know about things I do with girls. Well, not what I do exactly. I'm not telling you about my sex life. I mean what? What's sex?"

"Shut up, man," the little boy says, "I go on the internet. I watch porn."

"Oh God," Ryker gasps. "First of all, never admit to watching porn. Ever. And second of all, don't watch porn. Ever. Porn is an abomination to the word sex. People having sex in pornography shouldn't count as having sex. It shouldn't even exist. It's very, very bad, okay? Do you understand?"

I peak out from underneath Ryker's covers, where I must have fallen asleep after he showed me around his house. There is a little boy, probably around the age Ryker said he was. The two look nothing alike, but I'm guessing the kid is the little brother Ryker was talking about earlier.

The boy shakes his head. "I don't understand, you always watch porn."

Ryker's face turns red. "No I don't. Why do you say that?"

"I heard noises coming from your room and I looked in and there were some Asian girls on your screen and you were doing something underneath your covers."

I want to puke. Am I seriously lying in Ryker's dirty bed, where he jerks off to weird Asian porn? I hope he washes his bedding frequently, because I'm utterly disgusted. Instead of jumping up though and running as far away from his bed as I possibly can, I pretend to sleep to listen to the rest of their 'brotherly' conversation.

Ryker's face is completely red, and he's actually really cute when he's embarrassed and probably scarred for life. "Change the subject now," he growls lightly, and the littler boy does exactly as he says. Lucky for both of them, they don't know that I'm awake and I can hear everything they are saying. And I'm disgusted.

"So who is she then?" The boy asks.

"Jessie."

The boy looks up to his big brother as he smiles at me laying in his bed, my hair probably a terrible mess. The moment is almost heartfelt, and I feel as if Ryker is looking at me like someday I might be his, but obviously that isn't it. Ryker even admitted to doing things with a bunch of girls, and I don't see how he could want someone like me when all he seems to want is sex.

"Jessie?" The boy asks. "Is she your girlfriend?"

"Yes."

"Ew!" I find myself gasping, groaning as I stretch against Rykers mattress. It smells so much like him, I can't get enough of it, and I can't stop thinking about the weirdest little things about him. "I wouldn't date you!"

Both of the boys' mouths hang open as they realize I was awake the entire time, and I'm awake now, staring at their embarrassed faces through the hair hanging over my face.

"What? Never seen a girl before?" I laugh, sitting up and grabbing a pillow, whipping it straight at the boys.

It hits Ryker, and then his brother, and the kid bursts out, "It's alive!"

They both shriek and squeal as they run away, leaving me all by myself in the room. Their footsteps pound up the stairs as they run further away from me, and I plop back down onto the bed. The footsteps stop upstairs and so does the shrieking, and I finally hear a couple other voices, Ryker's dad and mom.