Chapter 5 - Home

Chapter 5 – Home

"I said I didn't want to go anywhere with you!" I hiss at Ryker again as we drive up a long gravel pathway, large oak trees along the side. We reach a beautiful old house, enclosed by more trees and bushes, and what's left of the frozen vines climbing up the brick frame.

It's small, but it stands strong against the cold winter breeze and snow, and I'm sure the inside is cozy, especially since I notice a chimney. I've always loved fireplaces, and the smell of firewood burning. I'd want to live in a house like this someday; a house that actually feels like a home.

I'd live in this very house.

Except that surprisingly Ryker lives here, and I would never live with him.

Ever.

When I think of Ryker having a home though, I'd expect it to be on the outskirts of town, maybe in an old, shabby apartment building. Somewhere dark, and evil, with strange people that smell of cocaine. Some place abandoned perhaps, where it would be easy to hide the bodies of his victims.

I shiver as we pull into his garage, and he closes it behind us by pressing a button in his car. Ryker notices my restlessness, but decides not to say anything because I know he's not going to let me go home. I can't think of what he really wants to do to me.

"Ryker!" I yell as he gets out of his car, making his way up a few little wooden steps in the garage to go inside because it's freezing. I open my car door as he turns around to raise an eyebrow at me, and I scream, "for the last time! I want to go home. Take me home!"

He huffs, turning around and walking into his house.

I growl, hitting the dashboard of his car. I don't want to be here, especially out here in the cold garage, but I'm not going to go inside because then I'm practically giving into him. And that can't happen. I need to stay here until he decides that he's being creepy, and rude, and gives it up to take me back to my house.

Not like my mother would be worried about me. She'd call anyway and ask what I'm doing, but if I told her I was getting high with rich guys, she wouldn't have a care in the world for my safety.

Luckily, I'm not getting high, or hanging out with a bunch of rich guys, and yet, I just want to leave this place.

I slam the car door again, frustrated, and wait out in the vehicle until Ryker stops being an asshole. He took the car keys with him too so I can't even I turn the heat on. Instead, I have to freeze my butt off, and I can barely stand it.

Long seconds go by, and then minutes, and I feel like I'm going to die. At least ten minutes pass and Ryker still doesn't come to check on me. He probably doesn't care what happens to me out here. If I get frostbite, that wouldn't concern him. If my body shuts down because of this cold, he wouldn't feel a thing.

I groan, smacking my forehead with my hand. I can't go on like this anymore. I reach into the backseat and grab my crutches, and hop out of the car. I slam the door in frustration again, and I wish I were a little tougher than I am. Unfortunately, I'm not, so I hop up the stairs as Ryker did and quickly go inside, sighing with relief as the warm air of the house washes over me.

Ryker must have heard me come into the house because when I lean back against the door, which leads into a laundry room, he opens a door on the other side. I want to be so angry with him, but instead, his wonderful body catches my eye instantly and makes me forget how terrible he is.

He holds onto the door handle still, not walking into the room, and looks over at me. I barely notice his eyes, because mine are stuck on his shirtless body as he munches on a cookie. He's in loose, black sweatpants, and my eyes wander from his crotch to his six-pack, up to his pecks, where a silver ring on a necklace chain lies.