Adopt.

Mateo pov

I woke up to my mom gently shaking me.

"Teo," she said softly.

I looked around. It was dark all around the house but the large tv light was shimmering on the walls.

"Oh mom......you're home." I say uneasy in a groggily voice.

"Yea go get your brother we need to have a small meeting." She says.

I groan.

"Omgaaaaaaaaaa" I yell stretching.

"Hurry up boy!" She whisper yells.

I get up and sluggishly make my way to the stairs but I see the kitchen light dimmed as I pass by.

Me thinking Ayo is in there, I walked into the kitchen to see Ayo sleep on the kitchen floor with a nearly finished bottle of Hennessy in his right hand and his phone on the other which was playing music. It also smelled like cigarettes.

I grow nervous. My mom doesn't know that we drink, or smoke.

I quickly walk towards him now fully awake.

"NIGGA GET THE FUCK UP MOMS HOME!" I whisper yell.

"Huh wha." Ayleo says slowly sitting up on the floor.

I roll my eyes. 

"GO THROUGH THE MOVIE THEATRE AND GO UPSTAIRS AND GET THAT WINE SMELL OFF YOU WHILE I SPAY COLOGNE IN HERE!!!!!" I whisper yell smacking Ayleo in the face. He then gets up from the floor and walks unsteady towards the movie theatre room.

"Uhmm Mateo." Ayleo says.

"What." I say getting aggravated.

I see him staring at the closed door that leads to the movie theatre.

"Uhhh how do you open the door." He asks scratching his head and laughing.

"Got DAMNIT you're fuckin drunk." I say opening the door for him and pushing him through the theatre and to the stairs. Ayleo the fell into my arms laughing.

Shit.

"Boys! Hurry up!" I hear my mom yell. 

"We're coming mom!" I yell. I drag Ayos heavy ass up the stairs and open the door and drag him to into his room and into his bathroom and turn on the shower.

"You better fucking be done in two minutes." I say sternly. Ayleo slowly gets up from the floor and starts to undress. I close his bathroom door and steel his cologne and run back down the movie theatre stairs through the movie theatre and clean up the kitchen rapidly and spay it with cologne to make the cigarette smell go away. I then see Ayleo walking in the kitchen now steady with his basketball shorts on.

"Alright come on." I say putting the cologne on the island and walking out.

"Nigga is dat ma perfume?" Ayleo asks.

I stare at Ayleo bluntly.

"Y-yea it is." I say rolling my eyes and hand motioning him to come on.

I honestly give up.

We walk into the living room to see the lights on and my mom on the phone and the tv off.

I sit down on the couch diagonal from the one she's sitting on, and Ayo sits next to my mom and my mom gets off her phone.

"Okay I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I finally made my choice." She said crossing her arms and pushing her hair out her face excited.

We looked at her weirdly.

"Wha" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"I want to adopt." She says going back into her phone.

"WHAT??!!" Me and Ayo yell at the standing up from the couches.

"Uh huh and I want a girl." She says getting off her phone.

"Oh hell no." Ayo says flopping back on the couch.

"How old?" I ask sitting back down on the couch.

"Probably one your age Teo." She says.

"Uhh Kay." I say pissed.

Ion want no annoying slut ass bitch walking around here day and night. 

I look at Ayo to see him shaking his head.

I cross my arms and look around.

"Okay well I gotta go back to work." My mom says getting up.

"But you just got here ma," Ayo said jumping up.

"And it's 9 at night!" I say jumping up from the couch as well and walking towards her.

"Oh well because I pay mortgage and y'all making money and don't help out in this big ass house at all.." She says grabbing her keys and purse. 

With that she walks out the house.

Ayleo goes and throws the remote out of anger while I yell in frustration and sit on the couch with my hands on my face.

I just wanna spend time with my mom.

We never spend time with each other.

Sometimes I wish my mom didn't have a full time good job and I sometimes I wish we weren't famous.

So I could just spend time with my mom.