Chapter 7- Edited

Audrey's POV

As we pulled up to my apartment, Cole killed the engine and locked the doors making me sit back after trying to get out.

"Ok," he paused, running his fingers through his hair. "Now that's twice you've freaked out like this. Audrey, please tell me what's going on."

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. "It's nothing, I just saw something." I lied through my teeth.

"Audrey.." Cole said getting impatient.

"I just can't tell you, Cole." I whined and dropped my face into my hands.

Why was I so stupid, I knew this would happen. John was the leader of the Hunters and was always the one tthat show up first before the others came for me.

Cole took a deep breathe and let it out slowly. "You can tell me, Audrey. I'm your mate. I won't hurt you."

I debated quickly, my wolf growling at me for keeping secrets from him.

"I can't." I said finally. We sat there silently until Cole unlocked the doors and we made our way up to my apartment. As I unlocked the door we heard someone ruffling around inside.

"Wait here." Cole whispered as he stepped inside. I peeked around the door to see inside but he had gone around the corner into the kitchen, out of my sight. Moments later, I heard a loud crash and bolted inside after him.

'If the Hunters have even thought about touching my mate, I will rip every one of their heads off.' I thought to myself before I ran into the kitchen.

When I barged in I saw Cole and two adults having a very "heated" discussion.

"What happened?" I interrupted them. They just looked at me. "What are you doing in my apartment?"

The woman was the one to speak up, "Oh, Cole just frightened us when he came in but everyone's ok." she said smiling.

After standing there for a second, the two adult's faces triggered something in my mind and I couldn't control my anger.

"Get out." I said slowly, growling under my breath.

"Audrey, calm down." Cole stepped over towards me, stepping in between the intruders and I.

"Cole, can you give us a second?" I asked simply to be polite, but my voice left no room for argument. Cole knew exactly who they were to me and he reluctantly nodded, stepping closer to me.

"Just be careful. Call out of you need me." He whispered to me before leaving the appartment but no doubt staying close by.

It was my father who began first, "What do you think you're doing here back on this land?" I glared at both of them.

"This is my land just as much as it is yours." I said as my mother stepped towards me making me growl under my breathe.

"I know what you're thinking-" Sean started to make excuses but I interrupted her before she could continue.

"What do you know?" I snarled and she scowled at me.

"I do know that if you tell anyone what happened, we will punish Joslin." she said sneering at me. I let my growl rumble through the kitchen making my mom step back.

"If you lay one finger on my little sister, I swear I'll kill you. How dare you threaten me when my mate's your Alpha? You have no right to threaten me. You have no right to order me around. You threw away that right when you kicked me out. You have no right to be here. I could call the police and have you arrested for trespassing."

"But you won't." she said stepping forward again.

"Really? And why not?"

"I would hate it if Joslin accidentally got hurt over the next few days." Her eyes glared at me, knowing her threat would hit home and it did.

She was trying to blackmail me using my own sister against me! A menacing growl erupted from my throat and I heard Cole come in behind me.

"I think it's time for you to leave." He growled at them in his Alpha voice. They lowered their heads in respect, having no choice to object to their Alpha's command.

Just as they were about to walk out the door Cole called out to them. "Don't think I didn't hear every word. The doors are only wooden." he said in a steel tone, making their eyes widen in fear as they left.

"So," he said picked me up and setting me on the counter, lightening my mood at his sparks around my waist, "I heard you use me as an excuse in here." he said playfully. I grinned and leaned his forehead against mine.

"I also heard the more unhappy parts to." he said softly. "I promise if they even touch your sister-" he began before I cut him off,

"Please, I don't want to talk about this right now. I've had enough of this for a life time." I said remembering back to Kate, John and then finally my excuse for parents.

He chuckled and agreed with me, "Well all this stupid stuff did have one perk." he said making me think.

"I got out of watching some stupid chick flick." I chuckled and leaned my forehead against his again.

After a few long moments of simply sitting with him in the peaceful silence, Cole dragged me to bed saying that I'd had enough for one day.

"Sleep tight, my little mate." He whispered placing a soft kiss on my forehead buy when he left, my bed felt cold without him next to me. After numerous tries, I finally made it to sleep.

Dreaming of the Hunters all night, nightmares filled the long night hours as I tossed and turned, longing for my alarm clock to ring for school the next day so I could be closer to seeing Cole again.