Chapter 15- Edited

Audrey's POV

As we reached the living room, we were instantly greeted by almost everyone in the pack that was at the party. I graciously thanked everyone for their compliments on my dress and their congratulations on my new position as alpha female. Throughout the night, I began to become more acquainted with the other females and children of the pack. 

"Hello." A little girl in a light blue dress said as she pulled on my dress at my knees, making me look down at her.

"Hi." I smiled looking down at her.

"My name's Dakota," she said, smiling brightly up at me. "But everyone calls my Kota." I bent down to her level and smiled.

"You have a very pretty name, Kota. My name's Audrey."

"I know, my mom told me. She said you were the Alpha's mate too." She motioned for me to come down to her as she whispered into my ear. "I think he's cute." She giggled and twirled in her dress, bashful.

"I think so too." I smiled whispering into her ear. She giggled and ran off to find her mother somewhere else in the house.

"I heard that." Cole whispered into my ear, sending chills down my back as I laughed. "I guess I'll have to remember that when you get mad at me." he winked at me and smiled, making me blush.

I laughed and looked around. "Where's Joslin?" I asked not seeing her anywhere.

"I don't know." Cole said looking around for her as well. I went upstairs and made my way towards her room, not really expecting to find her so easily.

"Hey what you doing up here?" I asked seeing her sitting on the bed all alone, closing the door behind me.

"I don't know anyone at the party." She said shyly, looking down at her hands.

"You know me and Cole." I reassured her, rubbing small circles on her back.

"Yeah but the party is for you guys. You are going to be busy talking to people the whole time. I would just be in the way." She said sadly. I sighed and my heart swelled at her small figure.

"Joslin, we will be busy but I just met this little girl downstairs and I'm sure you would get along with her great. Her name is Kota. You want to come meet her?" I asked, standing and holding out my hand for her. She slowly nodded and took my hand with a small smile.

As we went down the stairs I searched the crowd for the little blonde haired girl. When I spotted her I went over and called her. "Kota, this is Joslin. Joslin this is Kota." I introduced them. Kota was only a few years younger than Joslin, but I was sure they would get along just fine. They both smiled and walked away together already giggling about something I couldn't pick up on. I felt Cole come up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder.

"You are so good." he said smiling at the two little girls walking away from us, already friends. I smiled and nodded, happy with my work.

"She needs a friend, besides us. One her own age. We would so spoil her." I chuckled before Cole's dad got everyone's attention at the front of the massive living room standing on the raised fire place stone base.

"Thank you for coming tonight. I'm going to just go ahead and jump to the point to say that I am so proud of my son, Cole. He has shaped up to be a great Alpha for this pack and his new mate will only help make this pack stronger, I'm sure of it." He said loud enough for everyone to hear, smiling at the two of us. "Without rambling on and on, like we all know I very easily do, I'm proud to pass my Alpha title on to your new Alpha and Luna, Cole Bayer and Audrey Matthews." He smiled, motioning to us. The pack around us clapped and whooped to us, everyone smiling at us except for Kate and her little group of friends. My parents hadn't even attended the party.