What a Nightmare

IMPORTANT

The story is being re-edited and changed. This chapter has not been re-edited yet and does not fit the story line of the previous chapters. 

Don't read this chapter until it has been re-edited to fit the previous chapters. 

Titles will be changed to  say "Chapter #- Edited" once they have been edited and fit the story. 

If you are in the middle of reading the story, you can finish reading it but it is being changed and redone to be very different. If you would rather start over and read the new version, it is being updated regularly.

-------

Jason's POV

"Shifter, after considering the well being of you and this village, we have decided it's this counsels best intentions that you leave this village tonight."

Before he even finished I felt my blood heat up and my palms got sweaty.

"Are you really going to exile the person who saved the entire village?" I yelled at the Elder's, my anger boiling over.

"We wouldn't have needed to be saved if a shifter wasn't here in the first place! You endangered all of us by bringing a mutt here and almost costing us all our lives!" The head Elder shouted at me, making Audrey flinch as he called her a mutt.

"She is causing no harm to anyone. She could have just sat by and watched as the shifters attacked but she stood up for us. For you! She didn't know they were coming, or she would have done something before tonight. She's a better person than any of you, so I expect you to treat her with the same respect as you would any of the other Elders!" I yelled, my fists clenched as I spoke.

The head Elder didn't say anything as he glared at me. A few seconds later my father stood and addressed the other Elders.

"Counsel, I think it might do good to let her stay. We would have a leader of one of our most threatening packs on our side against attacks like tonight. She spared countless lives, especially little Rosie. Sweetie, can you tell what happened tonight?" my dad asked Rosie softly.

She gave a little nodded and walked over to Audrey, reaching up to take her hand.

"There was a big black wolf that chased me into a corner, and Miss Audrey came and saved me. She made him go away and she carried me back to mommy." she said hugging Audrey around her leg since she was only that tall.

There was silence while the counsel thought over her words. She looked up at me and I gave her a thankful smile. She returned it and held up her arms for me to pick her up. I released Audrey's hand and hoisted Rosie up in my arms and saw Audrey smile at us.

"Jason," he dad spoke up after the counsel talked everything over. "We'll see how she fares for a week. If there are any issues, she will leave, alright?"

I quickly nodded my head. "Yes sir."

"Preparations can be made for a tent for her or she cans stay with you or Ellie. Whichever she decides." One of the minor Elders said, not even address Audrey, making my blood boil again.

My father picked up on it quickly and started again. "Audrey, why don't you go get some rest. We're done for the night and I'm sure your exhausted. We'll figure out how to get you clothes for the meantime later. Thank you for what you did tonight." he nodded to her gratefully.

She smiled and returned his nod, looking at me to lead the way. I could tell she was tired so I easily put Rosie down to take Audrey's hand. I bent down and smiled at Rosie, "Now Rose, thank you for being so good for us tonight. I want you to go to your tent with mommy and get some sleep ok? We'll see you in the morning."