I Never Stopped

IMPORTANT

The story is being re-edited and changed. This chapter has not been re-edited yet and does not fit the story line of the previous chapters. 

Don't read this chapter until it has been re-edited to fit the previous chapters. 

Titles will be changed to  say "Chapter #- Edited" once they have been edited and fit the story. 

If you are in the middle of reading the story, you can finish reading it but it is being changed and redone to be very different. If you would rather start over and read the new version, it is being updated regularly.

-------

Audrey's POV

"How dare you kiss my mate!" Cole's voice exploded through the pack house, his alpha tone ringing through the air.

"She is NOT your mate! Just because you marked her doesn't make her yours!" Jason yelled back, making me look up.

"What?" I asked, my eyes wide as I looked at Cole. He gave me a sad look as I asked again. "You marked me?" I said loudly as Cole sighed, glaring at Jason.

"You were so weak, Audrey." Sarah said sadly, taking me hand as she sat next to me on the couch. "It was my idea for him to mark you, to help your wolf. Please don't be upset with him."

"You had no right to mark her, regardless of the circumstances. I could have marked her just as well!" Jason said angrily, clenching and clenching his fists.

"You couldn't have helped her!" Cole yelled back.

"You don't know that now because you marked her!" Jason spat at him.

"You marking her wouldn't have done a damn thing! If I hadn't marked her, she's still be dead!" Cole roared, making the walls shake.

No one spoke as the silence screamed through my ears, processing everything.

Finally, I sighed and reached out my hand to touch Cole's, making him look at me with a softened gaze.

"Please, just calm down." I said softly. Surprisingly, he immediately calmed his wolf and sat down next to me on the couch, still touching my hand. Jason took a small step back with his eyes locked on me and Cole's touching hands.

Jason lowered his head and sighed loudly. "Audrey.." He said, pained. "I.. I can't do this anymore. My men and I are leaving." He said, leaving an unspoken truth. I had to choose between my two mates, yet again.

I silently shook me head before I stood, leaving Cole sitting on the couch with Sarah.

"I.. How am I supposed to choose between the two of you again? I could barely do it the first time." I said a little louder than I had meant to.

"Well, I would have thought it would be easier this time since you already chose me once." He said coldly, not looking at me. His statement made me stop.

I just stood there, my mouth opening and closing, trying to find the words to say. I looked next to me at Cole, still sitting in the couch with Sarah. Then I looked around at Jason's men that helped save my life. Then, finally, back at Jason. Not a single person in the room would look me in the eyes. They all kept their eyes anywhere but me.

After I took a deep breath, I shook my head and started to speak. "I can't choose. Your both my mate. You both have a place in my heart, I can't change that. I can't just leave one of you." I said weakly, still slightly shaking my head.