Chapter 8- Edited

Audrey's POV

School went by normal the next day as Cole took me to every one of my classes, I sat with Sarah and Collin at lunch and free period, and rode home with Cole after school. As normal we went to my apartment and laid our stuff down, moving to the small living room couch and coffee table. We sat to talk as I did some homework I had overdue.

"Mm, math." Cole chuckled when I shot him a playful glare. After a little while Cole' phone rang in his pocket and he stood, walking out of the room towards the back bedrooms before he took the call.

While he was on the phone, there was a knock on my front door, making my head shoot up.

I never had visitors.

As I got up and opened the door, my heart froze. John stood at the door, an evil smile spread across his face at my reaction from seeing him at my home.

"Hey, baby doll." He cooed, putting his foot in the doors path so that I couldn't close it. "Why'd you run off so fast the other day. You didn't even let me say hi." He stepped forward slowly walking in the doorway looking around.

"This is a nice place you found yourself this time. How did you manage this?" he asked still stepping in further. He didn't realize Cole was here.

I screamed at Cole in my head to come help me, but he didn't come. John smelled of dogs, making me gag. He smirked as he saw the fear in my eyes.

As we were almost in the kitchen, finally Cole came around the corner and stood next to me glaring at John.

"Can I help you with something?" Cole asked putting his arm around my waist, slightly calming me.

"Actually, I just needed to talk to Audrey alone for a minute. It's rather personal business." he said taking hold of my wrist and pulling me into the kitchen. The door blocking Coles view from me.

"I see you've been busy lately." he said sneering at me as he referred to Cole. "If you keep running I'm just gonna have to stick a GPS tracker on you, aren't I?" he said putting a piece of stray hair behind my ear with his disgusting fingers.

"What do you want from me, John?" I asked, almost trembling. He just chuckled.

"You know what I want, Audrey baby." he smirked at me. "I just want you." he sneered.

---------

Cole's POV

My wolf was stirring at not knowing what was going on. She had been acting so weird lately, and all these different people kept showing up at her apartment. I didn't even want to think about if I hadn't of driven her home yesterday, she would have had to handle her parents and this creepy guy all alone. It made my wolf growl at the thought of someone hurting my fragile little mate.

My dad's old Beta had called me yelling me about how they found a couple of drifter rogues in the woods today. I didn't really think much of it so I just told them to let them go but to make sure they left town today. Most rouge wolfs always meant trouble, except for my little mate and a few others who had earned their way into our pack.

Around half an hour later I began to get restless. "What could they still be talking about?" I kept whispering to myself and I started pacing again. I heard a loud crash in the kitchen and immediately bolted in to see what was going on.

I found her balled up sitting on the floor, tears running down her cheeks. I looked around for the guy that was in here with her but he was gone and the kitchen window was open.

I kneeled down next to her on the kitchen floor, pulling her trembling body onto my lap and held her until she finally stopped crying. Slowly her sobs turned to shudders and she leaned into my body as I comforted her.