Chapter 18- Edited

Audrey's POV

"Please!" Joslin begged as she tugged on my wrist, pulling me down the stairs.

"Not today, Joslin." I moaned, just getting out of bed before I was rudely waken by a small girl jumping onto Cole and I.

"But Audrey..." she whined, using her puppy eyes on me. They usually worked on everyone but they never worked on me.

"Joslin, you know that won't change my mind." She only pouted as I rolled my eyes. "I'll make you a deal then. We can go as long as I get to sleep tomorrow, ok?" I said putting my hands on my knees, bending down to her level. Her eyes lit up and she grinned as she threw her arms around my neck.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She squealed as I just laughed and hugged her back.

"Let me go tell Cole and get dressed and then we'll go, alright?" I offered before she nodded her head and smiled as I went back upstairs.

As I slowly cracked the door open, I saw Cole still lightly sleeping underneath the thin covers on his bed. The curtains were slightly parted so that skinny waves of light flowed across the room, glistening across Cole's sleeping face.

Cole had helped me move in with him a few days ago, seeing as his excuse was that my parents could torment me if I was living alone. I was slightly relieved when I realized I could finally ditch that tiny apartment I had been living in and I would never have to jump around from town to town again running from the kaiden. I was now a proud, permanent resident. 

I laid down next to Cole on the bed and kissed his cheek lightly. He rolled over and pulled me into his strong chest. "Good morning, my beautiful little mate" he whispered into my neck. I sighed and ran my fingers through his ruffled hair.

"I'm going into town today with Joslin." I said softly, snuggling further into his embrace.

"Ok, I need to start training some of the younger wolves this afternoon anyway." He said taking a deep breath in as I squirmed out of his arms, laughing at his attempt to keep me next to him underneath the cool sheets. I pulled out some jeans and a shirt to put on for going into town with Joslin and began to dress with my back to Cole who was still in bed. 

I felt him come up behind me and kiss my neck as he pulled me into him. "Do you have to leave now?" He whined as I leaned back against him. Tingles jumped through my heart as my wolf begged me to stay with him. "I'm sorry babe. I promised Joslin." I said, slowly grabbing my sweat shirt. If I was honest with myself, I really wanted to spend the entire day laying in bed with Cole but I promised Joslin we would have a girls day today and I knew I needed to actually get things done today.

As I tried to walk out of our room, Cole refused to let go of my waist. Pretty much having to waddle out into the hallway, Cole and I both ended up in the floor in a heap after we tripped on each others feet.

"What did y'all do?" Sarah and Collin came out of their room, laughing at us before we ended up laughing at ourselves.

I just shook my head and got up giggling at Cole still sprawled out on the floor. Cole grabbed my ankle like a little kid and growled playfully at me. I smiled and bent down, placing a light kiss on the top of his head. He smiled, letting my ankle go and I quickly went down stairs to get Joslin.

"Hey. You ready?" I asked taking her hand in mine as I grabbed Cole's keys.

"Audrey!" Cole yelled to me,  running down the stairs. I just rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Cole, I'm leaving now." I called to him, turning around.

"I know, Here." He smiled, putting something into my hand. "You guys have fun today." He said, winking at Joslin. I opened my hand and looked down but just as quickly as I realized what he gave me, I tried to give it back.