Chapter 20- Edited

Jason's POV

"I love you." The words slipped passed my lips before I could stop them. I instantly regretted them, fearing they would scare her off. It was true, I knew it was. But did she? Did she even feel the same?

The same questions ran through my head a thousand times in just a few seconds before her skin sent fireworks through mine.

Her hand softly landed on my chest, dried with blood over Cole's claw marks. She looked down and frowned at them. She slowly ran her fingers across my sore skin, waves of delight shooting through me at her touch. She slowly leaned in and kiss my chest where the least amount of blood was. I fought myself, denying my instincts to pull her into my arms, never letting her leave.

Her warm lips sent shivers through my body, but she pulled away just as soon as she settled her lips on my bare chest. She pulled away from my reach putting a few feet between us. I looked at her, confused. Following her gaze, I turned to see other Kaiden lingering behind me.

I stood in front of her, not taking any chances with her getting hurt again. "Looks like Jason caught us a little treat." Gio said starring at Audrey, crossing his arms over his chest. His strong build and shaggy black hair made him look almost deadly. I felt Audrey tense behind me and heard her reach for the door knob. I spun around and gently touched her hand, making her stop quickly and look up at me.

"The shifters can't know I'm here. He won't hurt you." I said motioning to Gio. She froze as I heard Gio come up behind me. The fear in her eyes made my temper rise.

"Of course I won't hurt you, love." He gave smirk and a cocky grin to her, running his eyes over her body before I whirled around and wrapped my hand around his neck, throwing him to the ground.

He just snarled as I heard the air leave his lungs in a satisfying "oomph". I backed up until I felt her body against my back, instinctively wanting to protect her.

"Audrey? Are you ok?" I heard a guy ask from behind the door. I froze and looked at Audrey, praying she wouldn't give us away. Gio was a fool for following me here, but I needed to talk things out with Audrey. We kept our eyes locked on each other's face as she spoke.

"Yeah Collin, I'm fine." she said weakly. I let out a silent sigh of relief.

"What was that bang?" the guy, Collin, asked.

"I just dropped my bag." She lied, still locked onto my eyes. Gio quietly got up behind me and stood next to me. Even though we aren't shifters, we still have very heightened hearing and smell, so I knew he could smell the stench of every wolf in the house by the look on his face.

"Ok... Whatever you say. Just.. Come down when you can. I know Cole didn't mean what he did early. His wolf just.. Doesn't know how to handle the situation yet." Collin said, his voice trailing off before I could hear his footsteps fade away as he walked down the hallway.

I turned back to Gio and my anger spiked again.

"Out." I demanded, earning only a smirk from him.

Of course.

He wasn't going to make this easy for me. Lord help me if he ever did make it easy, I wouldn't know what to do. "Gio." I tried before it got ugly. He just starred at me, his arms crossed over his chest again.

"Yes?" he asked, trying my patience. I narrowed my eyes at him, my anger still growing. I knew he could tell, but still he didn't leave. Instead, his eyes made their way back to Audrey, sinking into her own eyes. They held each others gazes for long minuets before Gio suddenly left, without a word.

"What was that?" I asked confused an his sudden absence.

"What?" she asked casually, walking over to sit on her bed.