Chapter 11 - Part Time Job

Minji's POV

It was now lunch time at school and all I've heard all day was rumours. About me once again. The rumours I try to ignore it all but sometimes it can't be helped and I hear something worse or new and slowly inside I break even more. Today I went to the rooftop for lunch, well except that I didn't actually eat lunch. Instead I just plugged my earphones in and sat down leaning against the wall and closed my eyes listening to music slowly drifting to sleep wishing it to be 5pm already.

I slowly wake up by being poked in the forehead by someone. I slowly open my eyes realising my earphones are unplugged. And I see three figures in front  of me, one of them was poking my forehead and that was Jihoon. Kyung and Taeil were with him standing behind him.

"What time is it?" I asked in a sleepy tone.

"2:06pm. Lunch finished 11 minutes ago silly" shit how did that happen.

"Okay.. but what are you three doing? Why aren't you in class?"

"We came to find where you went to because you didn't come to class so the teacher asked to go find you"

"Oh.. okay.. well let's go to class then" I put on a small fake smile as they led the way back to the classroom.

------------- time skip to end of school -------------

The last bell of the day rang, I packed up quickly as I wanted to go home to rest and head to my new part time job early for a quick lesson. As I made my way to my locker to put my stuff away, I opened the door and water balloons fell out on my and the floor wetting me a far bit and the floor. I shoved my stuff in then grabbed my bag and made my way out of the building to the front gate of the school.

"Yah! Minji! Wait up!" Jihoon yelled towards me. I stopped and waited for him to catch up.

"What happened to you?" He asked. Must have noticed I was pretty wet.

"Nothing. What do you want, I need to get home" I un-impatiently asked.

"Just wanted to see my best friend. Is that now a crime? And why do you need to the home, your never like that?"

"No it's not a crime and I have a part time job to get to" I said.

"Oh okay. Where's that at? I'll swing by then"

"Not tellin" I said with a smirk.

"Awww come on please tell me. Jebal jebal!" He's now practically begging me to tell him.

"Nope. I gotta go now, bye!" I said as I waved and ran off towards home.

As soon as I got home I got changed and freshened up in the bathroom, then went and found myself a snack while having a quick rest and it was now 4:28 pm.

"Bye Jungtae! Bye Aunt Eunhee! I'm going to work!" I shouted as I grabbed my phone and keys and headed out the door to the café. As I got there, there wasn't many customers which was good so I went to say hi to the workers, which there was only two and me and the manager here. I walked up to the girl worker and introduced myself.

"Annyeong! Minji ibnida! I just started to work here today" I said to her.

"Oh annyeong Jisoo ibnida! Welcome as a worker here Minji" Jisoo said to me.

"Gamsahabnida Jisoo. Can you show me what I have to do, please" I asked Jisoo.

"Of course, today you will start with just taking orders and cleaning up the tables. Here's how you use the cash register" she showed me how to use it and what else I needed to do.

"Hey Jack! Come here!" This Jack person came over.

"What Jisoo" he said before he noticed me. "Ah annyeong you must be the new worker. I'm Jack"

"Annyeong Jack. Minji ibnida" I said in a bit if a shy tone.

"Okay introducing is now over. Back to work Jack!" For the rest of the night customers came and went fast and by the time I knew it was time to close. Jisoo, Jack and I spent an hour cleaning before went went home.

"I'm home!"

"How was your first day dear?"

"Was good, nice. I'm going to go to bed now, I'm so tired now from working hard"

"Goodnight Minji"

"Goodnight Aunt Eunhee" as I said that I made my way to my room and the bathroom, I got changed and brushed my teeth before getting into bed and falling asleep.

---------------------------------
Hope you enjoy this. I know it's not great but it's a start.

Vote and comment what you think about it or if you think I should put something in a chapter.

-KH