Chapter 16 - Jungtae's misfit

Minji's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache and a hangover. Fortunately I remember last night well most of it. Okay mostly just the time of being with Nu'est, I don't remember much of anything before then though.

I slowly made my way to the bathroom before spending an hour in there. I was meant to go to school but I didn't feel the best for it so I didn't go. Aunt Eunhee doesn't mind if I stay home from school for a few days, so today is one of those days.

I got dressed in comfy clothes and went to the kitchen in search for food and a glass of water. After a few minutes into my brunch (in between breakfast and lunch) my phone went off. I looked at who sent the message and to my surprise it was Taeil.

Now what does he want?

Taeil: Hey Minji, why didn't you come to school? Was it because of Jihoon?

Me: No not him exactly but I feel shitty from drinking so much last night.

Me: wait why do you even care?

Taeil: what can't I be nice to you?

Me: no i didn't mean that- it's just you guys have always bullied me, so why now would you care?

Taeil: because, I'm not exactly like those guys I hang around with okay? I do have a heart.

Taeil: I gotta go see ya.

Me: bye.

I spent the rest of the day just lazing around, watch movies, sleeping and so on. When it was time to get Jungtae I walk to his school and is wasn't far from my own school. As I was walking past my school students were pilling out to home, and unfortunately I managed to see a certain group of 7 boys. I was watching them while walking past and a pair of eyes looked straight at me.

Jihoon

I straight away looked away from him and I sped up my pace to get to Jungtae as he was standing by the gate of the school. As I got to him I could feel a pair of eyes staring at me do I tried to ignore it by asking Jungtae how his day was.

"It was good noona. But I don't like Seungdae, he's mean to me and took my toy plane" he said while starting to cry.

"Aww Jungtae, I'll get it back for you just point to Seungdae for me" he pointed to the boy over to the other side of the gate, who had two adults, I'm guessing his parents with him.

"Come on, hold my hand and I'll got get your toy back" he took hold of my hand and we walked over to Seungdae and his parents.

"Hi um are you Seungdae's parents?" I asked.

"Oh hello, yes we are dear. Why do you ask?" The lady I'm guessing is his mother asked me.

"Um well you see Jungtae here told me that Seungdae took his toy plane, so I was wondering if he would give it back" I told them.

"Seungdae now why would you do that?" She questioned the boy. He looked down at his feet ashamed to look at his parents. After a minute he pulled out the toy plane and handed it back to Jungtae.

"Thank you Seungdae" I told the little boy.

"Seungdae I think you should say sorry for taking it when it's not yours" the man said.

"Sorry I took your plane...." he mumbled but we could here it enough.

"That's alright" Jungtae said to him.

"Thank you, we have to go now. Annyeong" I said and bowed to them and Jungtae did the same then we turned around and started walking back the way I came. I stopped near the gate of my school to ask Jungtae if he was happier now.

"Yes I am now, gamsahabnida noona" Jungtae said then gave me a hug so I returned it.

"Hey wanna get ice cream before going home?"

"Yes!!" He shouted very loudly that passers looked at us, well technically him. I just giggled at him and grabbed hold of his little hand and we started walking toward the ice cream parlour.

Jihoon's POV

I watched as Minji and Jungtae were talking to a family, when the little boy had given Jungtae a plane he looked happier so I guessed that they had got back Jungtae's plane. Well that's what it looked like. They started walking back the way Minji came and then they stoped near our school gate and started talking. The next thing I heard was a loud scream of a 'Yes!!' Which came from Jungtae and then a giggling Minji. I do miss hanging out with them but sometimes you need to leave behind something good for something even better.

-----------------------------------------

Shit I know lol
I don't exactly know where this is going but somewhere interesting I hope.

Vote and comment

-KH