Part 10

You know I still remember that day - I got married. You can forget that day you love, but not that one, you hated.

I still remember how my parents just shoved me at the backseat of the car as I returned from school and we were going. Purulia. My ...well in law's house. Pulu's old home. Where her all clan belonged. And where her uncle was caught for selling my wife. He was caught by his own wife when he was about to elope Pulu from house.

I stayed inside the car. When everyone was howling outside. Maa was beyond furious that day, that much, I never experienced before. Baba was there clenching his jaw. And that nuisance uncle was still thundering, explaining that we had no right to stop him, Pulu was their 'problem' and blah! Creepy? Yea he was...is.. Who cared.

That very moment I was kinda getting bore you see and discovered the 'problem'. Yes that very moment I saw my wife for the first time. She was snuggling a woman and was looking with her yeaaaa jumbo balloon like eyes. That's the only thing was seeming her face contained and was looking bigger than her face. She was looking like Agnes Gru of Despicable me then. Anyways I thought she and I, together could do something about my boredom. Hence I jumped out of the car and tra!!! got married. It might sound lame. Yet that was the truth only. As I caught maa's glance, something possessed her and she announced that she was willing to take every bloody responsibilities of Pulu and for even the futer she settled Pulu with me.

Whatever! That happened. But now when we were happily married, why the hell people were poking their nasty nose in our marital life like those disgusting daily soap's vamps.

My mind was roaming around as maa shoved another rise ball of dall in my mouth.

"Maa!" I howled out of thoughts. She jumped up.

"What did Bomma said to Pulu?"

"what?" She frowned.

"What did Bomma said to my wife maa, that she was crying?"

She gawked at me for times and then giggled up.

"Maa I am serious. She was crying really."

"Hmmm... Toh?" She was indifference.

"Toh???!!! Toh she should not have said it. Pulu was hurt.!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Butu! She is elder than you. Behave!" Maa growled pushing another ball inside my mouth.

"Han! Toh she should behave like one right! Not poking her nose in privacy of other's marital life..."

"Butu! Shut up. She is elder. And besides expect someone else to respect Pulu when you do that. You always after that girl, how come you expect others to behave with her?" Maa growled. I kept mum and chewing the food. And she continued exhaling deeply "these things keep coming Butu. But then you have to stand for her, cause there is none except you for your wife in this family!" And she looked up and said with a weak smile, "and in Pulu's case, in this world..."

And that moment I decided to follow her words. And promised myself to stand there for my wife...

***

"dude it's not about pulling at the appetite, or there, but about the pulls at the left side of your chest! That's love!" Sumedh made a 'guruji' face at Probeer, one of his followers. Literally.

We were back at school. Specially me, struggling out of my three months over nursed session and looking almost like my wife. No kidding. We both looked like baby elephants at our goodbye picture.

Anyways, with my that much hard work I managed to earn enough marks to return at my Ramakrishna Mission. Well I am a good boy you see.

And now I was chuckling at Sumedh. He became like those pathetic lover, dedicating each word to "Uh Tuli!"