Part 18

*somewhere in Karshiyang's girl's hostel*

Rituparna banged the toilet door for umpteenth time. "Poulee, for heaven sake come out!" She yelled. And as usually no answer came, neither the door got opened. Rituparna took a glance of Anchal who was looking at her with tensed gaze. Their best friend had locked herself in a toilet counter since almost an hour and was not replying. The toilet was empty cause the watch was showing late of the night, 3. And normal students were asleep."Are you opening it or not?" Ritu growled again, then looked at Anchal "Go and peep from the next counter." And mouthed loudly making Anchal giggling. "Anchal is going to peep I swear, in whatever condition you are!" She snarled and the door flee open.
She came out dizzily and darted her blood red eyes at both of her friends.Rutuparna startled a bit, "what happened?"
"what's wrong re?" Anchal gripped her forearm as she turtled walking at the sink.
"Nothing. It's just... Proved onece again... I don't have guts..." She slurred splashing some water at her heated up face.Both of her friends took a wired glance of each other confusingly.
"guts...! Of what?" Rutuparna frowned.
Let me q"to suicide my friend!" Poulee smirked at her half heartedly dumping a shining blade inside the dustbin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"what's going on?" Sumedh snarled at me as I missed for the twentieth time to make the ball pass through the basket.
"Not my day!" I shook my head.
"yeah! Yea!... cut the crap!" He placed his fists on the sides of his stomach. Sumo's face was red and I realized he was no going to leave it.
Still, I shrugged."syllabus... Exam..."
"no secret among friends bro!" Came Arun's warning. His eyes shining. Why couldn't he die? Just die?!!!It was a sunny Sunday. And we were playing at the basket ball court of a park of our community.
"E... It's nothing okay! Nothing!" I blinked at Sumo convincingly. Well it didn't work! He scowled more.
"are you blushing Ani?" Arun's voice was surprised.
I flabbergasted turning at him. Was I?"errr...!"
"whooaaa!!!" Sumo almost jumped up!
"Aniii!"
"whhhhaaattt!!!???" Yes my face was heating up. And my friend's faces were shining as if they have seen Sunny Leone live. Go figure!
"Aniii!!!"
"Okay I am missing her, alright! No big issue!" I huffed. Their jaw touched the ground floor of hell. "what?!" An idiotic sheepish grin stretched my mouth.
"ooooo Butu! Butu! Butu! Butu! Butuuuuuuu..."My friends jumped on me almost. "You are in looooooooveeeeee my buayeee!!!" Arun started nodding like mad mouthing that line in ZNMD style. I would have slapped him if my hands were not tied with the snake of their hands.
I scowled. "nooooooo". They scowled back! "I just... I miss her" I shrugged. "she... Her being with me... Her antics..."
"you are in love... You are in love... You are in loooveeeee!!!" Arun screamed again.
"oye! Khawa! A treat is must..." Sumo yelled at my ear. What! I flinched making a furious face which, both of them ignored skilfully.
"Biriyani! Arshalan!" Arun added.
"yeaaaa!" They started jumping.I made a face wishing a thousand deaths of my two friends.Idiots!!!...

***

900+ friends???

Poulee Chatterjee has 900 up friends in social network!!!

I merely have 500. Well I refrain the request list. but... Besides She is only sixteen!!! What the!

My brows were curved like those tin roofs of huts while my eyes were going through her friend list of a social networking site.

"Idiots!" I scoffed as a comment of a guy caught my eyes. He was flirting with her publically and she also continued. Who the hell is this??? My mind howled.

I punched the friend request option, and opened her inbox.

"why the hell your profile is public?" I typed.

She was online, cause the answer slide in seconds.

"who the hell are you to ask me that?"

"How the hell come you are talking with me like that? And who the hell is this fucker" I took a glance of the name of that boy. Asshole! "Avinash???"

"Don't you dare to stalk me." Came her reply. "and Avi is my friend. A great guy!" She added.

Avi!!!!?????!!!!!!!

"you can't have a boyfriend! You are married!" Every nerves of my face was tightened. Bitch!

"same goes with you! And he is NOT my boyfriend. Every one is not like you." She replied.

What???!!!

"what do mean not like me???" I clenched my jaw.

She didn't reply, but it went seen.

"accept my request!" I send and kicked myself mentally. What the hell is this desperation about? I scolded myself. Moron!

She again didn't reply. Neither accepted my request.

I shut the laptop with thud.

Days rolled like this. She didn't accept my request but turned her privacy on, and our inbox overflew with messages. Actually, if truth to be spoken, it was me who was pinging continuously. She sometimes replied, some times not. Sometimes behaved like my the best thing in my life dragging a wide grim on my face then sometimes became rude like anything. Just like now.

"How can say that, you don't even know me." She said.

"What?... We grew up together Pulu" I replied matter of factly.

"huh! As if!"

"what do you mean?"

"I mean go study Mister. That is important than me." She added a smile emoticon.

My face...leave it. I started typing back with furious speed.

"study is important Pulu. But I didn't say more than you. Say. What happened? I am here baby!" I started bitting my nails in anticipation of something big. What's wrong with her? Study? No, she just sarcasted about study. Then? She is in hostel, girls hostel. What bad thing could summon?

She didn't reply.

"Pulu??? Baby what's wrong???" I asked again.

"Leave it Butu da. Just forget I said anything." She took five minutes as in three hundred seconds, three sixty heart beat of my life to answer. And that too an answer like this. Why girls always do that? Half talk? Leavening in cliff edge. Well it's not a cliff even. She didn't give a damn clue even. What was wrong with sharing.

Cause she doesn't believe you as someone with whom she could share! The asshole part of me commented. I mentally kicked that out of head. I am his husband, she had only me to share things with. Wasn't it? That's how things work right?

I started typing a reply but her another message just froze me middle way.

"and you were never there Butuda. Whenever I needed you. But It's okay. I didn't mind much. Goodnight." Another smile emoticon. This emoticon was getting on my nerve now.

I read the message for time and again. Not a thing I could make out, except that, she called me 'Butuda', which seemed like after ages. But... She needed me? When? She had everyone here! Her very own Ratul da as the cherry on top! And she needed...meee!!! A sarcastic smirk slipped my face. But a side of me just slapped that off. She needed me! Why? what happened? She never needed me without those mathematical problem. Then? I frowned.

"what do you mean?" I replied. She didn't reply. I asked again but no reply. I huffed and shut my bloody hell laptop.

A person was howling inside me pacing forth and back, I wasn't there when she needed me. When Pulu needed me. My wife!

I opened the pharmacy's book in order to calm down. But... Went in vain.

WHAT THE FUCK MAN!!!...