Part 13

I never thought I would see a kidney live. Well not alive. I mean it belonged to a dead body which was now a sport for us, to peep inside it, cutting every inch of it.

"I am not getting sleep at all. Every time I shut my eyes it seems like this people we are cutting apart are just at the edge of my bed!" Kalyan a classmate huffed.

"Are you like..." Tulika snapped. Yes she was my classmate. Atlast after years we were again together. Sometimes we used to talk about school when we shared a tiffin from a class. Well not all my school gang was here, of course not. Arun was pursuing his law degree while, Shuvro was in architecture. Shuvro and I was still a little distanced yet, we were like acquaintance with smiles. Though rest of the friends tried to mend us.

"Let it be Ani," Tulika would say.

"That was all because that mot**rfucker! Guys don't let him win! For heaven sake!" Arun would growl.

And we would say we were sorted.

Anyways, like this my life was going on.

"Sumedh was... Asking something..." I said it matter-of-fact-ly. And took a glance of our Tuli whose face could was flushing all the bloods of her face, my face grinned up. "hmmmm..."

"what?" She mumbled.

We was walking towards the class.

"Tuli, I really thing that Idiot would never ask you by himself. You have to do that honour!" I said to my friend.

She looked at me and then looked away indifferently.

***

"Purulia?" My eyes popped out.

"Hmmm... That's where Pulu's old home is!" Baba mouthed.

We Baba and I was ummm kinda okay now. The wining result of my Higher secondary melted the ice.

Anyways here my parents were talking about a trip to my in laws home. I had been once there and the marriage happened. I worried about this time. Pulu's Madhyamik Board exam was over, hence call for a holiday.

I look over my wife. She was as usually beside maa actually even far from her. I don't know what happened to her, as if she was determined to maintain three hands distance from all of us. Earlier she used to sit beside me or between maa and baba, now she moved to the farthest sit of our eight sitter dinner table. And studiously ignoring me. After that incident, my first ever kiss, she looked at me with a horrifying experience when I looked up at her, and then just dashed out snatching her copy away. I thought it was just coyness, and blushed at the thought. Her soft lips was stil stained on mine. But when time passed, I realized she was not even looking at me, contacting...out of question. She hardly crossed my ways, always inside her room, even having her dinner there. And used to run away as soon I could get a glimpse. Some time frustration was raging the shit out of me, leaving me fuming. I just wished to grip her that witches like over curly hair and pull down. But then before the night of her exam, I knocked her door to wish luck. After she opened the door, the first thing I noticed... Her hair.

They were all gone. Her butt crossing those lustring locks were chopped down till her shoulder.

"where's your hair?" I shrieked as if they were mine.

"Chopped out!" She hissed, smirking.

"What...!"

Call me idiot I cried that day like a pathetic howling kid of three years whose lollipop was just snatched away.

Why couldn't she guard and nourish one thing I liked!

Heatless girl!...

"Puluuuuuuuuuuoooooooooooooooooo" baba screamed for the umpteenth time. And I grinned.

We all were set in the car and my little wify was still taking time god knew on what. Baba handed me the car keys for this trip, and settled himself at the backseat with his wife. Maa rolled eyes when I grinned at her. Anyways, we were almost waiting over a half an hour now and now I could see my wife's legs running down. Don't trip! My mind bubbled. But I put those shades on. Bitch!

Her dress was graduated from frock to jeans and triple XL T, and with that hair, people might just get confused that I had an optically challenged brother. I flinched my face away and geared the car as she hopped in the front passenger sit.

"ahahahahahahahahaha! Tea outside Kolkata!mmmmm" my baba boasted sipping the tea of a road side tea stall beside highway as we halted in search of some rest.My back was paining badly. I stretched a little and followed him. well the tea was good. But I am a Kolkata person you see. A city life human.I hold the phone high to get at least a single stick of the network bars.

"What do you mean, you are not coming? We all were planning for this rally like maniac, and even you were..." Aaliya guffed over phone."ummm...it's dad. He is dragging me with, I tried you know... But!" I scratched my nape."Ani, it's okay yr! Okay you enjoy!" She faked a cheerful tone after some breath. I knew she was sulking. I seriously wanted to join that rally, more over I needed to, but then I couldn't afford to gamble the relationship with my father. After so much time, which felt like ages, he was behaving normal with me. Hmmm...maybe that's what people calls 'family man'. Shit! I'm trapped.When my mind was shuffling these shit talks, I heard baba yelling my name to hurry. I smiled. After years my father was yelling with my name. It felt as if I was that little Butu of five, with bunny teeths and sucking his thumb. Yeah I did that a lot. And the consequences was my little peeping lower lip under upper one.I made a face and hopped inside the car. Pulu was sleeping her earphones on. Her those lips were apart slightly, and I kinda missed her balloon eyes, they were closed and was almost covered with those lose strands of her chopped off unruled hairs over her forehead. My wife didn't pluck or shape her eyebrows, they were messy, big, thick and sweat shocked. I turned on the air-condition."aaah! Shanti!" I heard maa's breath. "Why didn't you switch it before idiot boy!!!" She smacked my head. I bite my tongue out of guilt and hit the car in roars of life towards my in laws...