Part 14

"Come come come!!!" Pulu's aunty jumped with excitement seeing us. Maa and Baba gleamed. While at my much surprise uncle, oh so uncle gripped my forearm and was dragging inside when I felt a palm crawling on my left palm.

I turned and Pulu was looking pale as she gripped my hand.

"Anindyababu, come!" Uncle insisted with overfriendly grin flashing all his not so white teeth. Looking at at this man that day of childhood, when we were summoned here to save that fear stricken little girl of ten, flashed infront of my eyes, as it was just yesterday.

I clenched her palm she looked at me and I nodded lightly. "come". She strolled inside clinging me.

"Pulu!!! You are so glued to your husband! As if you don't know me at aaalllll!!!!" One of my sister in law, Minu taunted at us giggling in a rustic way

"why are you clinging me? Go! It's your house!" I hushed Pulu pushing a little. She glanced up at me and shook her head manically. That eyes! As if a cloud drenched in water. But I chuckled lightly to lighten her. But she stiffened more. Her horror struck eyes was running here and there hiding her figure almost behind me. But eventually it was driving me nuts. She was following me everywhere. Maa and Baba was scattered with uncle aunty and hence she found me to cling.

Crossed the limit when she trailed me even in bathroom.

I flinched.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I hissed gritting my teeth. She was taken aback. And I closed the door.

When I opened it stepping out, she was not there anymore.

Times rolled and again my wife was ignoring me. Wow!

"Butudada!" I jumped at the word. It's been one year almost Pulu didn't talk to me. One year, I didn't hear that word. That way she use to utter it. Like palters. My wife's talking was still like paltering, unable to come out of her childhood talks.

But, it was not Pulu this time but her cousin. The youngest sister in law of mine.

"Umm... Hi Riya!" I stammered and threw the butt of the cigarette. I was smoking at the lonely balcony. What was she doing here? Her eyes were dark. My wife was the youngest of all her sisters. But Riya was youngest sister in law of mine. This cousin of Pulu was of somewhat around my age just finished her H.s.

"emmm" I sounded as she took a step ahead. "You...wanna say something Rr..Riya?" I stammered. I don't like this girl! There was something in her gaze, was squeezing my appetite. Fuck! No I am married. Errr.

Pulu! Please save me! The person inside me boomed a sos message, while the other one made a stud grin. No!!!

"Umm... Butu..da! Do you have any brother?" She lifted her lashes at me like those flirtatious cartoon heroines does.

"emm... No I am alone... all alone!" Bitch! Fuck off!!! Sweat beds peeped up on my forehead. She has this, like that type of figure, you know, like ...emm...that like rustic natural beauty yet casting perfect hourglass figure. I shook my head manically to deepen my words veiling the action of shooing away nonsense thoughts of my head.

"are you scared?" She giggled up suddenly at my face. "no... I am not talking twins...ummm brother I mean..."

Her giggle caught me off guard I chuckled embarrassingly. "na na! I don't have any type of siblings Riya!"

She sulked studiously making a hopeless pout. "You know, I do have a boyfriend...but..." She huffed rolling her eyes. "he is hopeless!" I chuckled aloud at her. She blinked at me twinkling her eyes "You are so good looking! Putu is an absolute mismatch for you!" Huffing, she made me go nummmmmbbb with wide eyes.

***

I huffed finishing the sixteenth cigarette and lightening the next one. I was pacing inside the room I was allotted forth and behind restlessly. An insect inside me was injecting chilling fire through my bloods. I was on fire! Literally! Dhatteriki! I made a face clenching my jaw and supported the hand with cigarette on the wooden beam of the window. I shut my eyes.

"Butu da!"

I heard. Again!!!

Ballooning my face inhaling I turned to look at the source of the voice and these time I exhaled deeply.

Pulurani!

After...atlast...after a bloody hell year!!!

I wanted to rush and crush her in me. "Pulu...!" I sounded.

"Butuda! Maa and Baba are thinking to leave me here for some days!" Her big eyes penetrated into mine while the brows were curved in a irritated feeling "alone!" She mumbled.

Oh!

"I don't want to stay!" She shook her head "no way!!!"

I inhaled and exhaled sharply and an situational idiotic smiled crawled on my lips.

My wife's face had nothing like her cousin, still I could gawk at her without feeling uncomfortable, and gain a wired kind of solace, which I realized that day.

I nodded promising her, that I won't let her stay her there. I myself needed badly to rush my home back, far away from those nonsense feelings...