Part 26

"what's wrong with you?" She snapped at me dragging me a corner.
I shook my head. It was banging like a big hammer of iron."I said you to stay away from that dickhead!" I snarled.
"Hismother asked maa for your hand!"
"What?" She giggled. She just giggled! I glared back. "I mean..." She pursed her lips.
"I just should break that idiot's face. Dickhead!" I clenched my jaw.
"No. You should not!" She pouted. I flinched and looked away."You are being too stupid now Butuda!" She scolded me kinda.
"First stop this 'dada' thing. I am not your brother!" I hissed, "It's creating all this fucking confusion here! And why can't I call you my wife. It's the truth only!" She giggled again."are you drunk?" I twisted my face in a dirty face.
"A little!" She giggled again. I... Leave it. She was drinking! She wasn't adult even. I glared her which she ignored studiously."Butu daaa!" She snuggled me brushing her nose at my jaw line. I ignored the thing jerked up inside me. Rather my rage which was mixed with possessiveness, overruled it.
We were at a dark side of the hall and everyone was facing the central stage where now my sister and her would be husband were dancing in a romantic number.
"Butuda...!" She hushed again.I ignored again looking away. Okay I wanted to y'know but...my mind was busy controlling the fumes inside of mine."Why you always do this yaar!" She made a face jerking me away."Don't trust me or what?" She asked me.
"Ofcourse I trust you. It's him I don't..." I answered this time.
"Shut up! It's me you don't trust!" She overruled with an hurt, angry puppy face. "cause if you would have trusted me, you would have believed that even if he try something, I wouldn't have let him. Right?"
You know women have this wired kind of theories and unbelievably strong, almost undefendable point making abilities while fighting. Like their favourite Mr. Grey remarks 'fair point well made'!I shook my head in defeat.
"First that moronRatul and now this idiot? Like really?" She continued. "And I couldn't see your love, eh? Who is the blind now!"
'Moron Ratul'!
Wow! Wow! Surprise after surprise!
"I just love you Pulu! I don't know... I can't help it, some one else within one hand radius of you" I said hopelessly.
"then believe me" she inched closer snaking her beautiful long fingers around my neck. She pouted rolling her lower lip down. "... I love you...It was you then... Its you now... Ever! I love... YOU!"
Though whispering, she imposed on 'you'. She was looking in my eyes, calming down my inner storm little by little.
"Sorry!" I looked down.
"you will do it again. I real faltu chele!!!" She made a dirty face.I chuckled at her sentence.
True that! I am totally screwed up, but only when it comes to my belongings. And here it was about my wife, all mine. I dragged her by her waist. "No!" Came her feeble objection which I studiously looked over and slapped my lips on her puffed up one which weresporting disgusted - angry - hurt pout now."no!... Eh...! Faltu!... Lipstick...!" She growled against my lips. Inibbled that puffed candy flaws like pair of lips letting out a giggle.

Rest of that wedding ceremony went in blur. Well I didn't care much, beside the fact that my sister was too heavy to lift for that round round ceremony as we brothers needed to lift her
"egghh! So light you are, were You dieting?" I lashed my sister a sarcastic comment.
"look at own wife!" She sniffed.
Well my wife giggled at this statement. But its Rimidi's extreme luck that I didn't inflicted her in that fire...

***

"Butu da! What are you doing let me concentrate on the movie!" Pulu frowned looking down at me. I pouted.
The wedding got over, and just yesterday we were back to Balygangue, at ourplace. And now we were sitting on my bed, well actually she was sitting cross leg, pinning her eyes on my laptop watching a moronic movie, and I was laying making her lap my pillow."you are tangling them!" My wife complained as I played with her curls. Her hair was so soft like light cotton and smelled so good as I sniffed it. What were they actually! What she used!!! I wondered.
"You are going tomorrow?" I said. Sulking obviously. I wish I could just lock her in my room, in my drawer. It's like...ugh I don't know. I didn't want her to leave. She gave me a weak smile, pinning her eyes on screen, the light of the movie had created her face illusion like illumine."Don't go!" I hussed springing up on my elbow facing her. She looked at me from the corner of her eyes and then flickering it on laptop's screen she murmured. "its one worst decision I have ever  made!" I chuckled as she made a face. "I wish I didn't have to go!"
"who asked you to go on the first place?"
"well... No I don't regret it then, but... Now...!" She blushed. Even the flash of the blue white light of the laptop screen couldn't hide the red hue of my wife's cheeks."all your fault..." She made a nasty glare at me
"excuse me! I asked you???" I exclaimed.
She rolled her eyes trying to hard to hide her red face "action spoke thousands times than words! I hate you."
"really now?" I challenged with a smirk which turned into a grin as she bit her lips.
"Faltu chele ekta!" She mumbled sheepishly.
Gosh! She was looking so beautiful.

***

"She said she loves you???" Sumedh jumped up as I described them our confessions and all. Well I had to.
I grinned sheepishly.
"Aruuuun... Get it out baby... Out out outttt!!!" Sumedh started dancing almost with that idiotic gin on his face. I widened my eyes as Arunreluctantly fished out his wallet and handed him a note of five hundredscowling at me. Even Suvro did the same. And Sumedh started gleaming at hisnewly earned thousand rupees.
"You guys were betting on me!!!" I didn't believe this.
"shut up! What unbelievable is that how come a girl like her said I loveyou to you! Ass!!!" Arun snapped.
What the fuck!
"I just had to do it Butu! These two morons couldn't just see it, what I knew like since forever, that girl was madly in love with you from the very first!" Sumedh grinned proudly. Well even I was dumbfounded, how come he could see it, and I couldn't."I love you wife man!" He kissed the notes in his hand and said to me "And you are a very lucky man!"
I grinned. Yes that's what I am. A part of me sulked, as the though brought me the memory of her, well she had gone to Karshiyaang few days back. So I missed her.
"But how could she just love you?" Arun sulked again. I glared him.
"she is my wife. She just had to. She is mine. It's good that she already did that..."
"Now this is moronic Butu!" Tuli growled for the first time. Till then she was sitting a little far from us on the window slap of my room wherewe all were. "I mean what is she 'had to'. It's not mandatory or something... She will fall or not, its entirely her choice..." she shrugged.
"Yea but Ani loves her truly...! She can't decline that!" The answer came from Suvu. And for a bit I couldn't decide he was saying about me and Pulu or them. Tuli looked away outside of the window. It's wired how just an unwanted feeling change relations upside down.I looked at Sumedh. He was starring at Suvo who was returning it. Sumedh walked upto Tuli and here I could here a vapour beside me. Suvro. Helpless I looked at Arun who excused himself with a phone call.

"This is why I didn't want to come!" Suvro growled pacing out of our building.
I huffed. "I didn't..."
"she just said yes to him! How could she! I loved her since the first dayof our school!" Tears beamed my childhood best friend's eyes. I kept myhand on his shoulder and engulfed him in a bear embrace."Can you... You ask her..." He asked me.
I remembered my wife's words."I am Switzerland Suvro. I won't take anyside." I mumbled. I couldn't choose from my brother and childhood best friend for god sake.

"Good boy!" Pulu chirped through phone.
"yah I mean I can't choose any one from Sumo or Subu, right!" I scratched my nape.
"yes. Besides it's totally upto the Helena, I mean Tulidi! What would you do choosing any one." She said.
"hmm" I gawked at the book open before me. I was reading it butcouldn't concentrate. This triangle thing sucks! More over when things are between friends...
Oh! Kill me!
I just wanted my all friends safe and together.Was that too much to demand? Why couldn't these assholes short things out!
"I love you!" My wife smiled and I chuckled hopelessly shaking mythoughts out.
"I love you more... Come soon please..." I was already missing her.
"ask the calendar to roll down the puja holiday fast!" She giggled.

The puja holiday that yeartook to come longer than usual, well the two months were feeling like two decades as I was waiting like a Jacobin cuckoo for rain. And rolled off like asprint. Four days went in blur, the her one month holiday end up with in whatseemed one eye blink. So did that year...