Beginnings

....Sometimes I really lose myself, I'm in denial or something. it's been eight fucking years why can't I get it through my head I'm dead.

I know I'm dead it just doesn't always stick. I'm still so used to being in the pattern of living. Tate is looking at me really funny like I've gone crazy. I sit down on the couch and a puff of dust swarms all around me and I cough. "Tate what's happening to me, to you, to us?

"Vi, everything is perfect don't worry I'm here, ill always be here I love you And nothing can ever hurt you as long as I'm here." he puts his hands on my cheeks and kisses me gently. I immediately calm down. I feel my shoulders relax as I ease down into the couch. I pull Tate on top of me and we lie there for a little while just looking at eachother. In this moment we knew nothing was ever going to be normal. And we were fools to think it would because of course were dead and that's not going to change. if have everything I could ever want here with me..forever. the only thing I ever miss is freedom going anywhere I want. Tate shoots up off of me as the lock on the front door starts to turn and jiggle. I slowly get up off the couch and walk over to the large chestnut door.

The door swings open with ease as Marci our ex-realtor walks through the door with an elderly couple and a young child.

It was odd that the child was with these people. Probably a grandchild or something.

One by one the old residents of te house slowly appear to see the new guests. It's not scarce that new homeowners come to look at the house. nobody wants any more recipients of the house so of course we get rid of them.

Marci continues to talk and purse her nasty wrinkly lips. They always disgusted me I hate Marci it's her fault were all stuck here. Tate and I exchange glances and we know what too do.

Tate runs over to the gaping door that the ignorant couple failed to shut and he slams it hard enough it should've come off the hinges altogether. Everyone swings around in horror.

"Oh dear it's just the wind, don't worry."

Marci tightly smiles as the couple and the child shake off the idea of ghosts.

Fools.

Tate keeps his composure as he walks up to the small little girl. He smiles and says "Hi I'm Tate what's your name."

He always had the warmest smile.

The little girl replies with a hint of fear in her voice, "I'm abigail."

"Well Abigail do you know what I am?"

She shakes her head.

Tate smiles, I'm a ghost and guess what the worst kin and I'll kill you and your grandparent if you live in this house. The little girl runs off in tears to find Marci and her grandparents.

Tate walks quickly towards me I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Let's go, they'll be leaving any second," Tate says. I take his outstretched hand and we go up the stairs taking two steps at a time. we reach my door so fast and I clumsily shut it and lock it as his lip meet mine fast but steady. He lifts my shirt over my head and I do the same to him. we fall flat on the bed and I pull off my leggings. Our feet intertwine and Tate unhooks my bra and takes off his pants. I slip off my underwear and his. The whole time our lips never leave each others and we drift off into a mindless tangle of our bodys.

It feels like pure heaven every second I'm with Tate.

He makes me feel alive.

Tate slides off of me and looks me in the eye. "I love you violet."

His eyes get heavy and Tate falls asleep.

It's been so long since I've ever seen him sleep and I crave that listless nothing. I turn over and drift off.

It can't get better then this even if where we are is hell.