panic stricken

I open my eyes and sit up groggily looking around. I realize I'm in the basement and I glance over at Tate . The floor is so hard how and why would we fall asleep here.

I get up quietly careful not to wake him and tip toe past him and up the stairs.

I swing open the door and walk into the living room. I'm startled by the sight of all the new owners furniture. The movers must have finished I guess. I should probably get to work on moving everything around. I walk over to a tacky black leather couch that probably costed more than my entire wardrobe. I grab a nearby letter opener and slice open the first cushion.

"Can I help?"

I whirl around at the voice,Its Hayden.

"Why should I care, do what you want."

She smirks and walks over to the curtains and yanks them down forcefully from the bar they hang on. I squint at the temporary blindness the open window has caused me.

The light bounces off a piece of glass in the corner and catches my eye. I frown and roll my eyes as I walk over to it. Its our family picture that was carelessly thrown on the ground. The picture used to be on my dads desk, what right do they have to throw it on the ground like a piece of trash. I look at the picture and how happy we look in it. Our family smiling in a warm embrace, when did that all go to hell? I run my finger across the broken glass causing blood to trickle down my finger. I pick at the glass some more until I have a large shard in my hand.

"What do you plan on using that for," Hayden says laughing cruelly.

"Nothing," I practically yell as I whirl around to face her dropping the shard to the ground in the process causing it to break further.

I don't feel the need to be by Hayden for one more second so I turn on my heels and walk as swiftly as I can to my bathroom locking the door behind me. I walk towards the bathtub and run hot water from the faucet. I light some candles so I can leave the lights off. I feel too heavy and weighed down to be bombarded by bright lights. I open up the cabinet under the sink and pull out my silver makeup bag, a pack of Marlboro lights, and a lighter. I slowly unzip the bag and pull out my dads razors that I took when we first moved in.

I long for that sharp sensation on my skin I felt moments before with the glass. I take a blade out in my hand and roll up my sleeve. I press the blade to an old scar and reopen it up staining my skin bright red. I move further and further down my arm till I'm right at my wrist.

Just one drag of the blade and it would be done I could have temporary relief of being empty and dead before I come back, it's almost like a drug for me. I give in to the urge and drag the blade across my wrist as hard as I can. I'm surprised suddenly by the amount of blood that flows out. I stumble backwards feeling lightheaded and before I know it I slip and slam my head down on the bath tub. Out like a light. Complete darkness.

   Tate sits up and smooths out his striped shirt. He looks around rubbing his tired eyes looking for violet and longing to watch the rise and fall of her chest as she sleeps and her hair cascade across her porcelain face. A whooshing sound comes from the pipes around the corner of the basement.

She must be in the bathroom Tate realizes because violet is the only one who ever takes baths. He hurries up the steps to meet violet in the bathtub and hopefully to join her in there.

As he reaches the door he jiggles the knob and a wave of panic rushes over him as he realizes it's locked. Violet never locks the door.

VIOLET!! VIOLET??? OPEN THIS DOOR. PLEASE VIOLET PLEASE.

He violently bashes himself against the door trying to push himself in to help the fragile girl that layed on the other side of the door. He knew something was wrong. He could feel it.

*just a random update for you guys I'm still updating in four days I was just in a writing mood I hope you enjoy :)*