Chapter 2- Little black dress

"So, why do you need a dress?" Rachel asked as we walked into one of our favorite store, Rue 21. Rachel and I met on the first day of 9th grade and have been friends ever since. She had a crush on Shane, like almost every girl at school. She wanted to know how it was so easy for me to talk to him and it kind of just went from there.

"Okay. Rach... I'm going to tell you something and I need you to promise that you won't freak out." I said, staring her straight in the eyes. She raised an eyebrow at me, while crossing her arms over chest.

"I promise. Now tell me!" I let out a nervous chuckle, running my fingers through my hair. Rachel hates any kind of parties. Especially ones that everyone is invited to, but her. We also have this thing that we wouldn't go to any party without each other, but this is different. I'm not going to this party because I want to; I'm going to prove a point to Shane. She'll understand, right?

"Well, I...uh...I'm going to Andy Wood's party on Friday with Shane." I rushed looking down at the floor. Rachel cleared her throat making me look up at her. Her eyes were narrowed and her hands were balled into fist. She looked like she could just kill me at that very moment, right in the store, in front of everyone, and not give a damn about it.

"Are you fucking kidding?! You're going to the worst/best party of the year!? With Shane? Of all the people you could pick to go with, including me, you pick him?" She bellowed, making me glare at her.

"And what is that supposed to mean?! What the hell is wrong with Shane?" I replied in the same tone she used. She scoffed and rolled her big blue eyes at me.

"What's wrong with Shane?! Everything is wrong with Shane! He's a player! A liar! A cheat! He's everything that you don't need to hang out with, never less go to a party with him! He's a horrible person, Ella! Why are you to blind to see that?!" She screamed making me fill with rage.

"You know it's another thing to get mad, because I was asked to go to this party and you weren't! But to talk badly about someone who you don't have a clue about and what they're going through at the moment is out of line!" I began balling up my fist. "He's not a horrible person! He's been there with me through everything! He's my best friend! And for you to say I don't need to hang out with him is so not okay with me! You have no idea how bad you just messed up! You can just leave! I'll call someone else to help me pick out a dress." She gawked at me with the 'are-you-serious?' look.

"Fine! Have fun at the stupid party and picking out the damn dress! Tell Shane that he can suck it!" She barked, turning to leave. At that point I was done with her talking badly about Shane. I mean yeah, he has broken a few hearts and cheated on one or two girls, but that doesn't give her the right to put a label on him. No matter how long they were 'together'.

"Oh, you mean the way you already sucked him." I snapped, making her stop in her tracks. She looked over her shoulder at me with tears in her eyes, before storming out of the store. I put my hands over my face, letting out a scream in frustration. I felt a light tap on my shoulder, which made me tense with rage. 

"What?!" I screamed at one of the employees who witness the whole thing.

"I...uh...never mind. Have a good day ma'am." She said softly before returning back to the checkout center. I sighed, storming out of the store, yanking my phone out of my pocket. I walked over to the mall's fountain and dialed Shane's number.

"Hey beautiful!" Shane's voice rang through my ear after the second ring.

"Can you come help me pick out a dress for Friday?" I said, still frustrated from the fight.

"What crawled up your ass?" He chuckled, making me growl at him. "And stop growling at me! You sound like a damn dog!"

"Rachel is what crawled up my ass!" I screamed and an old couple looked over at me. I looked away shyly and embarrassed.