Chapter 25- Dance with me!

"Max!" I called from my bedroom, looking down at the three bathing suits laid out on my bed.

At the moment I was getting ready to go to the seniors annual Bonn fire down at the beach and I had no idea what to wear. Everyone was going and what I mean by everyone is Rain, Joel, Jared, and Shane. Even Lyric was going to be there but I had to beg and plead for that one. I was also going to talk to Shane about what my bother mention and that has me really nervous.

"What?! I'm playing COD!" He called back shooting sounds following afterwards.

"Come here! I need your help!"

"Did you not hear me?! I'm playing COD! This is a very important match!"

"Maxy! Please!" I begged earning a groan from him. Soon afterwards foot steps were coming from the hall and Matt walking into my room with a pissed off look.

"What the hell is so important that you had to tare me away from my game?!" He snapped storming over to me.

"I need your advice on which bikini I should wear?" I said glancing over at the bed.  His eyes narrowed as he looked down at the bed.

"You pulled me away from my game to ask me which freaking bikini is less slutty!?" He sneered picking up on of the bottoms and holding it in my face. I pushed his hand down and laughed.

"How about you stick your tits in the microwave and hit defrost. I don't have anybody to ask." I told him laying the bottom back down.

"Because your friend died. I know!" He snapped rolling his eyes. I sucked in a sharp breath at his words as Rachel filled my mine. My eyes dropped to the floor and stayed there once tears began to form.

"Yeah..." I let out a shaky breath. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have pulled you away. I can pick it out myself." I rushed trying to get to the bathroom before tears began to fall.

Max gave out a long sigh before catching my wrist in his hands and pulling me into a strong embrace. "Look, I'm sorry that was a jerk move. I shouldn't have said that. I've been having a bad day and now I'm taking it out on you. I am really sorry..." He apologized as I sobbed into his chest quietly. We stood there for a while, hugging in silence once my sobs calmed downed, while he rubbed my back soothing me.

"You can let go now. I'm fine." I said pulling away from him and wiping my eyes quickly. "Thanks for...you know...being here for me." I added

He gave a shrug, shoving his hands in his pockets. "It's what big brothers do. If you want I'll be gay and help you pick out your bathing suit." He smiled making a small one form on me.

"Yeah. I'll go try them on." I said taking all the ones I had out and heading to the bathroom.

                                                                           ***

"Can't you just go in a pair of sweats and a sweat shirt?" Max suggested eyeing the bikini I was modeling at the moment. The bottoms were paint splattered print and tied together at the sides and the top was a coal black with the letter E on the left side. It was the 7th one I had tried on and the 7th one Max didn't want me wearing.

"I don't want to get in the water in something like that and that would get hot while I am dancing." I pointed out checking out the back of the bikini in the mirror. "You just don't want me to wear because it shows skin."

"That and because something is going to get hard on guys once you start dancing in that." He stated making me cringe at the thought. "You can't even call that bathing suit. It's mainly just three triangles put on string." I rolled my eyes at him, walking over to my dresser, and pulling out a pair of jean shorts.