Chapter 40- Letting go. {Last Chapter...}

I stared down at the folded up piece of paper with Shane's name written in script and had small tear stains in random places. I wiped my eyes of fallen tears and pushed my chair back from my desk and walked over to my bed to finish packing, the letter I just wrote still fresh in my mind.

It has been about two weeks since I gotten the email from the college in New York asking me to come in for early admission, which would be great if I wasn't trying to spend the rest of the summer with Shane and the guys. I just can't turn down whatever this school ask of me. It might put me at risk and they could revoke my acceptance at anytime and I can't take that chance.

I zipped up my suit case and put it with my other bags next to my door. I looked back over at the desk where the letter sat and tears began to form again as I thought what going to happen once he reads it. How he is going to act, the emotions he is going to feel, the questions he is going to have, and maybe the hate that comes afterwards.

I sat down on my bed and bent down to strap on my sandals, tears threatening to fall once again. I wiped my eyes with a sniffle and sat up, pulling my hair up into a pony tail and grabbing my phone off the table next to my bed.

"Hey." Mom smiled pushing the door open to my now mostly empty room. "The taxi is here." She added smile turning into a sad one. I nodded and stood from my bed, walking over to the dresser and grabbing the letter.

"I need you to give this to Shane when he comes by." I told her and handed her the letter. "Just tell him to read it and he will know everything I needed to say." I added and she nodded, taking it from me. I grabbed my bags and headed out the door and down the stairs.

The walk out the house seemed like it took a lifetime and when we were finally outside and I was staring at the yellow cab in the drive way, tears began to pour over like a broken dam. Mom noticed and pulled me into a tight hug, her own tears flooding over.

"I'm going to miss you." I cried into her neck, dropping my bag. She gave a sad laugh and rubbed my hair, kissing the side of my head. "Maybe I can just wait till the semester actually starts." I suggested pulling back from her with hopeful eyes.

"No. They want you come in now so you need to go. I'll be fine and so will Shane. Go live your dream honey." She smiled, wiping my face of fallen tears, only to have them replace by fresh ones. "Now, I love you so much and you call me when you land." She added kissing my cheek and stepping away from me.

"I love you too, mom. It might take 7 hours before I do since England is a long way from New York." I laughed, picking my bags up and walking down the stairs of the porch. I looked past the cab and over at Shane's house, praying it wouldn't come out, but noticed his truck wasn't in the drive way.

The driver got out of the car once the trunk was opened and helped me with my bags. I gave him a small smile as a thank you and walked over to the back door, turning around to wave goodbye to my crying mom, before finally getting into the car.

"I heard you were going to New York. Are you excited?" The driver asked once we drove down the street. I gave a nod and looked out the window.

"I'm very excited." I smiled watching the car pass by. "Just sad about the people I'm leaving behind."

*Shane P.O.V.*

I pulled up into the driveway of Ella's house and smiled once I saw her jeep still parked. "She is probably still asleep." I said to myself and smiled thinking about her reaction once I show her the tickets.

She has always wanted to go to Disney world and I finally saved up enough money to buy some tickets for a late birthday present. I even rented a room at the closest hotel next to the park, which costed an arm and a leg but anything is worth it for her. I just want to see the smile on her face once she finds out we are going to Disney world for the weekend.