Chapter 11- Romeo and Juliet with a twist.

"Are you sure you are okay with this, babe?" I asked Jared once again, pressing the phone closer to my ear. I flopped down on the couch, pressing the phone between my head and shoulder, before opening the can of soda.

"I'm sure bear. I mean he is your best frie-"

"Was. He was my best friend." I interrupted, rolling my eyes at the thought of him.

"Right! He was you best friend." Jared chuckled. "I trust Shane and know he won't try to pull anything on you. He seems like a respectful guy. And besides he is still the same old Shane, even if you guys aren't best friends anymore." I laughed bitterly at the words 'respectful' and 'Shane' being in the same sentence.

"He's not the same Shane anymore. He's some...thing now. He is definitely not my best friend anymore." I mumbled the last part, slumping farther into the couch.

"Hey, that's not nice!" Jared teased in a five year old voice, forcing a giggle out of me. "There it is! That amazing laugh I can't get enough of." He gushed making my face grow red.

"Why can't you be my partner instead of him?!" I whined making him chuckle.

"Because I'm in standers and you are in Honors. Maybe if you won't so damn smart we wouldn't have this problem!" He joked making me erupt with laughter. "You never did tell me what made you guys stop being friends?"

I sighed as the thoughts filled my head. I never told him what happen between me and Shane because I thought that maybe we would become friends again, but obviously that ship has sailed. I don't think it is the best idea to tell him, because who knows how he might react and I don't want someone getting hurt because of me.

It's a little to late for that Ella. I mean you've already hurt two guys you care about this year. The little voice in the back of my head said. I shook my head of the thought and focused on the phone call.

"That's because I don't want to talk about it. It brings back to many thoughts." I replied shortly earning a sigh from the other side of the phone.

"Fine. I understand, but I'm here for you if you ever want to talk." He said softly, making me gush at his words. I went to reply but was cut off by three loud knocks at the door, signaling that Shane is here.

"Shit baby! I have to go. He is here, but I'll call you when we are done." I said quietly so Shane wouldn't hear me.

"Alright bear! Have fun and try not to kill him." Jared teased making me roll my eyes.

"No promises!" I growled and he chuckled.

"Bye babe. I love you." He hung up, but I stood there in shock with the phone pressed to my ear.

"Y-you what?" I stuttered looking down at my phone. "Did he just...no he didn't...did he?"

"Will you stop talking to yourself and open the door! I'm freezing my ass off out here!" Shane's voice called through the door. 

"What ass?" I mumbled, thinking back to the day he asked me to go to the party. I swung the door open and saw a shivering Shane standing behind it. "Well maybe if you were wearing actual clothes that wouldn't be happening." I added looking at his clothes. He was wearing a white tank top and a pair of gym shorts.

"Shut up." He growled pushing his way into my house. 

"Sure you can come in!" I said sarcastically, shutting the door behind him. He flopped down on the couch and rested his feet on the coffee table in front of him. "Nuh-uh! Get your nasty feet of my mom's coffee table! And haven't you heard of soap." I gagged shoving his feet off of the table, before pinching my nose close.