Chapter 8- Room 102

"Shane!" I greeted, latching on to my best friend in the front of school.

"Jesus!" He exclaimed stumbling backwards, but has his arms locked around my waist. I let go of him and dropped down to my feet, looking up at him with a toothy smile. "What got you so happy?"

"Not what! But who!" I giggled " Jared Mathews is what got me happy!" I gushed twirling a strand of hair between my fingers. Shane smiled at me, but it wasn't one of his 'you're-a-dumb-ass' smiles. This time it was different. It was like he was noticing me for the first time in awhile, but I was to busy thinking about my new boyfriend to notice it. 

"And how did he make you so happy?" He chuckled as I squealed with excitement. I have been dying to tell him the news. He always wanted me to get in a relationship so I could give him advice. 

"Okay, brace yourself!" I said trying to contain my excitement. "He kissed me! Last night! Right on the lips!" I blurted basically bouncing.  Shane's face fell at the words 'He kissed me' and he took a few steps back.

"W-what?" His voiced cracked.

"He kissed me! and before he left he asked me out! Guess who finally has a boyfriend?!" I giggled earning looks from people walking by.  He stared at me with his lips formed in a tight line and his eyes glossy. I stopped bouncing and giggling, suddenly seeing his look.

"What's wrong?" I asked, reaching to put a hand on his arm but he pulled away.

"N-nothing is wrong. I'm...I'm really happy for you Ella." He stammered giving me a weak smile. I nodded, not really believing him.

"Alright. Just making sure." I began searching his face "What was it you wanted to tell me last night?" I asked changing the subject. Shane's eyes dropped to the ground and he scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh, it was...uh...nothing important. I'll...um see you in class." And with that he was gone. I stared at were he was used to be standing with confusion written over my face. I looked over to the left, feeling a pair of eyes on me, and found Joel looking at me with a disapproving look. 

"What?" I mouthed at him with a raised eyebrow. He chcukled and shook his head.

"You both are so blind!" He whispered walking by me and into the school.

                                                                                 ***

11:21 am

Jared <3 : What is your locker number? 

Was the text that made forget about what just happen and put a smile on my face. I replyed leaning against the wall next to the main hallway.

11:23 am

Ella-bear <3 : 1016. Why? 

I waved at a friend walking by and looked back down at my phone.

11:23 am

Jared <3 : Woop woop! I knew I had the right one! and you'll see. ;)

I stared down at the message as the curiosity built inside of me. I shoved my phone into my bag and jogged to my locker. I stared at the closed metal door, wondering what he did to it. I put it my combination and took the lock off the door slowly. I let of a shaky breath, before opening the door slowly.

A single bright, gorgeous, full of life, rose fell out with a white folded up paper taped to it. I smiled, picking it up off the floor, and carefully pulling the paper off the stem.