Chapter 1- The relationship of Ella Hall and Shane Mills.

I was applying makeup, when my phone buzzed under my elbow.

7:25 am Shane :3: Hey Ella!! Why don't we hang out at our lake today?

7:27 am Ella the master ;): Sure, I'm not doing anything after school

7:30 am Shane :3: But I was thinking... maybe we didn't go to school

7:32 am Ella the master ;): Shane! I didn't get my assignments for today. How about after school?I was now waiting for his smart comeback, when my phone buzzed again.

7:34 am Shane :3: come on Ella!! Live a little... it's our last year of high school!!

7:37 am Ella the master ;): Fine! I'll meet you there

This was not the first time Shane had talked me into skipping school, to hang out at OUR Lake. I shook off the smirk I had no idea I had on, and finished getting ready.

***

Let me paint you a picture...

Everything was going great; we played around in the water. Shane and I raced and of course I won every time. However, about thirty minutes in, it started to pour down rain. Since we skipped school and went straight to the lake, know one thought to bring spare clothes to change in. So, now you know how I got in this situation.

I'm standing out in my hallway in nothing, but a towel and underwear while my best friend; Shane, is taking his sweet time doing god knows what in MY bedroom.     

"Ella! Where is my stash of clothes? I know you stole my sweatpants and one of my hoodies." Shane called from behind the closed door.

"In the last drawer of my dresser! And hurry up!" I shivered, rubbing my arms against my shoulders. "I'm freezing my ass off out here!" I added. I could hear Shane chuckle and a click from the door being unlocked.

"What ass?" He laughed once the door open, standing only in his black boxers. I rolled my eyes and pushed my way into the room, with him following.

"The ass you're never going to see!" I joked, dropping my towel from my waist. "I don't even know why you locked the door! You've seen me in my underwear before!" I added rummaging through my mess of a dresser.

"I just wanted you to freeze." He said nonchalantly, slipping on a pair of sweats. I glared at him while slipping on a pair of his gym shorts and pulled on his old plaid sweater.

"Jerk," I muttered walking over to the mirror hanging over my desk. Shane chuckled from the bed and footsteps soon followed it.

"You know you love me." He smirked, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, and he rested his head on my shoulder.

"No, I hate you!" I spat while roughly wiping the roads of eyeliner and mascara off my face. "I looked like a hot mess and you didn't even tell me. Then you said I didn't have an ass and you made freeze. So I definitely don't love you." I squealed, as Shane lifted me off the ground and threw me on the bed.

"So, you don't love me huh?" Shane asked, sitting on top of me, pinning me down on the bed.

"Ugh! Shane get off of me! You're crushing me!" I whined, trying to wiggle him off of me. I pressed my hands on his bare chest and tried to push him off.

"Answer the question, Ella." He demanded pinning my arms above my head. I groaned, rolling my eyes at the curly headed boy on top of me.

"I don't hate you, but I strongly dislike you right now." I answered with a hint of annoyance in my tone.

"That wasn't the question!" He yelled, jabbing his fingers into my side, causing me to erupt into a laughing frenzy. He began to roughly move his fingers up and down my sides as I wiggled under him.

"Shane stop! You're killing me!" I said in between laughs, tears already beginning to fall from my eyes.

"Not until you answer the question!" He called back pressing his fingers harder into my sides. I cried out in squeals, twisting my body around.

"I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you!" I screamed over and over. Shane fell on top me, laughing his hyena laugh. I let out deep breaths, trying to calm myself down from the tickling grip I was just in.

"I can't have my best friend hating me!" He panted into my neck. "It just wouldn't be fair if I loved you and you didn't love me."

I rolled my eyes and wiped the tears from my cheek. "Mmhmm sure! Now get off me." I pushed him off of me and hopped off the bed. I walked back over to the mirror and continued wiping the smeared make up off my face.

"Rude!" Shane called from the bed. I laughed, running a brush through my matted hair.

"Shane?"

"What do you want, rude person?" Shane spat, making me giggle.

"What are our plans this weekend?" I asked, ignoring his comment.

"Well, we were going to Andy Wood's party on Friday, but I'm not going with a rude person!" Shane joked, making me spin around.

"I'm not going to the party, Shane." I stated, locking eyes with his green ones.

"Why not?! It would be fun!" Shane whined, walking over to me.

"I don't do high school parties and you know that."

"But there's going to be college people there. So technically is not going to be just high school scholars." Shane pointed out making me roll my eyes.

"Let me put it like this. I. Don't. Do. Parties. Period." I said slowly.

"Why don't you just live a little?! All you do is sit around and study. You're so far up your mom's butt, that you can't even enjoy your last year in high school! Because you're too busy being a nerd!" Shane

snapped. I looked down at the ground and filled with rage.

"Why does it matter if I want to stay home!? You can still go to the party!" I yelled back.

"Because I would like to spend my senior year with my best friend making memories. And going with you to your first ever high school party, would be an awesome memory to make." Shane sighed, pushing my hair out of my face.

"It wouldn't be my first party Shane. I've been to one before." I stated in a calm voice.

"You went for like five minutes. And you left once you saw someone jump into the lake, butt ass naked." Shane laughed, thinking back to the night.

"It was gross. It's still burned into my memory to this day." I gagged, burying my face into his chest. Shane chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer. I did the same and wrapped my arms around his torso; letting the smell of the axe body spray I got him for his birthday fill my nose. We stayed like that for a while, just wrapped in each other arms, without a worry in the world. That was until

Shane decided to speak.

"So, will you go?" He asked, pulling back to look down at me.

"Shane." I sighed about to protest.

"Please! I promise I will make sure nothing happens to you and the minute you feel uncomfortable, we will leave." He pressed, giving me puppy dog eyes. I stared at him with a blank face, contemplating on if I should go or not.

"Fine," I sighed, making Shane cheer. "But..."

"But what?"

"But if I see one naked person jumping into the lake, I will walk home." I smiled, making Shane pull me into a hug.

"You are going to have so much fun Ella!" He laughed, spinning me around. "Maybe you'll even get laid." He winked, setting me back down.

"Shane!" I gasped, punching his arm playfully.

"Kidding! Kidding!" He laughed, pulling me over to the bed."You better be." I joked and turned on the T.V. with the thought of the party on my r