Chapter 39- Tattoos

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to my amazing and beautiful girlfriend!" Shane's voice filled my ears with the sound of a guitar, waking me from my sleep.

"And daughter!" Mom followed afterwards and I turned over on to my back to find them standing in front of my bed with a tray of food. 

"Happy birthday to you!" They sang together as I sat up with a sleepy smile, riding the sleep from my eyes. Shane sat the guitar in front of my bed and walked over to me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Happy birthday, baby." He smiled and leaned in for a kiss but I turned my head, making his lips press against my cheek. He pulled away and gave a sad and confused look.

"I have this thing about not kissing when I have bad morning breath." I told him and he rolled his eyes. "What?"

"You think I care that you have morning breath." He laughed. "Because I don't care. All I want to do is kiss you." He added and pressed his forehead against mine.

"Yeah and I want to kiss you too, but I have a rule about it and I'm not about to break it. So let me go brush my teeth and fix myself." I laughed and pushed him off of me, making him fall on the ground with a scream. "Oh my god! I am so sorry, boo!" I giggled rushing from the bed to help him up.

"Oh! Sure you are!" He said sarcastically rubbing at his head. "Just go get ready or something you abuser!" He teased pushing me towards the bathroom. I laughed, stumbling into the bathroom, kicking the door close with my foot.

I can already tell that today is going to be good.

                                                                                ***

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed once I came down the stairs to find the dining room table filled with all different kinds of food. Mom and Shane were standing by it with smiles on there faces. "Is all this for me?" I asked shocked by how amazing it was set up.

They both nodded and Shane pulled out the chair for me, smiling as I sat down gawking at the food. "Only the best for the best." He smiled, kissing me on the cheek, before pulling out the chair for mom and then taking a seat next to me. I continued to stare at the food, mouth already watering at the sight.

The table was covered in almost all my favorites. There was pancakes, waffles, crepes, fruit salad, bacon, sausage, and basically all the breakfast food you can name! Everything look and smelled amazing and if it was made by Shane and mom combined then it is going to taste amazing.

"Well, What do you want to try first?" Mom asked handing me a serving spoon and tongs. I looked up at her, licking my lips, before staring back down at the food. "You okay?" She laughed once I didn't answer for a while.

"I don't know." I said still staring at the food. "There is so much I fill like I am going to burst just looking at it and I know you guys made it so I don't know if my tongue is going to be able handle on that amazingness." I said in all seriousness and they both chuckled taking the silverware from me.

"How about you start with some waffles, fruit salad, and bacon. Then when you are done you can have more if you want. That way you aren't overloading your poor tongue." Shane said in a teasing fashion, setting the things he named off an my plate. I looked over at him and stuck my tongue out before looking down at my plate.

"I think I can handle this." I said cutting up my waffle and dipping it in the syrup next to me. "So what are the plans for today?" I asked taking a bite. My eyes widen as the waffle touched my tongue and I almost choked on the amazingness of it. "Oh my god!" I exclaimed with my mouth full. "This is freaking amazing!"