Meeting - Daniel Ricciardo

"Dan, I'm nervous" you tell your boyfriend. He is taking you to meet his parents. Well, actually his parents are coming to meet you, as you're at a Grand Prix. Daniel has invited his parents to watch the race. You don't know if they'll like you.

"They'll love you, babe" Daniel tells you, as you sigh heavily. You've been working for Red Bull for 3 years now, staring out when Daniel started at Red Bull as well. You two instantly clicked, getting very close, very fast. But back then, he still had a girlfriend, while you were single, falling in love with Daniel.

Half a year ago, Daniel finally admitted he liked you as well, and you started dating. The team didn't mind you two dating, as long as you stayed professional on track, which you did, most of the time.

"My parents will be here in half an hour, so I'll come get you when they're here" Daniel says, kissing your cheek and walking away. You sigh, deciding to distract yourself by working. You're Daniel's strategist, which means you have to decide what tyres Daniel is going to use on the race and for how long.

You've been busy thinking about the right strategy, when you suddenly hear more than one Australian accent.

"Ah, there she is" Daniel says. You look up and see Daniel walking towards you, his parents following him. You take a deep breath, before smiling. Daniel kisses your cheek again, standing next to you. You stand up and greets his parents.

"Mum, dad, this is Y/N. Y/N, this are my parents" Daniel says, introducing you. You shake the hands of his parents, who are both smiling at you.

"What were you doing?" his mum asks you, looking down at your note pad.

"Thinking about the best strategy for the race. I was calculating the tyre use from his first practice session" you say while smiling. You love your job and you love talking about it.

"Isn't that very hard to do? Coming up with a strategy?" his dad now asks.

"It is, that's why I usually come up with a plan B and C, just incase something doesn't work out the way we wanted too. But it is sometimes hard to make a decision, as there is a lot you need to think about" you say honestly.

"I can imagine. You also have so many people relying on you, it seems very stressfull" his mum says, eyes a bit wide.

"Mom, don't scare her" Daniel says, slighlty laughing.

"No, she's right. It is stressfull, because you don't want to disappoint Daniel, the team or yourself by picking the wrong choice" you say, thinking back at some moments that happened.

"Well, I respect you a lot, you've been doing a great job" his dad says, making you smile. You feel slightly more at ease than you could've thought before meeting them. They are lovely people and are very sweet to you.

"Do you mind my parents staying with you during qualifying?" Daniel asks you. You shake your head with a smile.

"No, off course not. I don't have much to do anyway" you say, liking that you get to have some company while Daniel is in the car.

So when Daniel is doing his best to get a good grid position, his parents are next to you, asking you questions about certain things, like if a lap isn't that good, if that affects the strategy. They ask you what your notes mean and ask if Daniel is doing what you want him to do.

You explain everything to them. They listen to you with so much excitement, finally being able to get their questions answered during the moments. Usually, Daniel explains everything afterwards, but they would've forgotten half their questions. But now, they understand everything.

"I just wanted to say that I'm very happy Daniel has met you" his mum suddenly says. You smile at her, feeling yourself blush.

"He is just very happy. We can see so much difference in him, since the last time we saw him. So thank you for that" his mum says. You smile brightly.

"He makes me very happy as well" you tell his parents. You talk a bit about Daniel, until he is back. Daniel is happy that you and his parents are getting along well. Just like he knew you would.

---------------------------

This one is for lovestorieswriter

Hope you liked it ! :D xxxxxx