Future - Daniel Ricciardo

"Daniel, this was your last Grand Prix and you won it, how does that feel?" the interviewer asks your husband, after he had won his last ever Grand Prix.

"It feels amazing. I am glad I could finish my career this way. Although I didn't win the Championship this year, I'm glad my best friend Max has won it. And I'm glad I can stand on the podium with him" Daniel answers, sounding emotional. Daniel and Max had driven a long time together, before Daniel moved to Mercedes, but a couple of years later, Max joined him. They have both won World Championships, Max winning this year, but Daniel won last year.

"And can you please explain to people who haven't heard why you're stopping?"

"Off course. 2 years ago, I married the love of my life. I promised her that I would be there for her if the time came that we would start a family. I want to be there, see my children grow up. 5 months ago, my wife got pregnant, so I kept my promise to her, but it's also a promise to myself. I want to see my son or daughter grow up, be there with their first steps and words. So yeah, that's the reason" Daniel explains. You smile as you put your hand on your now big stomach.

"And is your wife here?" he asks Daniel. Daniel grins and nods, turning to the back of the podium, where you're standing. Daniel runs to you, still in his race suit. He grabs your hands and pulls you with him.

"Ladies and gentleman, Y/N Ricciardo" Daniel says, as people cheer all around the podium. Team members, or family members as Daniel likes to say, Daniel's family, your family, Max and his family and the Red Bull family.

"Welcome Y/N. How are you feeling about all of this?" the interviewer asks you.

"I am so proud of the man next to me. He has done everything he should have done. Daniel is a man of his words and I'm also proud that he has always kept every promise that he made. Not only this one, but also the one where he promised me to love me, to make me smile everyday, because he does. I feel proud to watch down and see all of Daniel's family, who became my family, not only his current family Mercedes, but his old one, Red Bull. And I am proud that I am carrying his child" you say, having a hard time keeping my tears.

"That was really sweet. I would like everyone to remember the following thins. The first thing you saw when you saw Daniel, his enormous grin. The way he tried to do an American accent. That when he is excited and happy, you can hear more than ever that he is Australian. The way he made the Honey Badger look so much better. The way his hair changed every year, sometimes for the better and sometimes, really bad. But also something that feared other drivers, his shoey's. And maybe the best thing, the way he is always with two feet on the ground, so happy, so gratefull. And lastly, remember the man himself, Daniel Ricciardo!" the interviewer says. Daniel now has tears in his eyes as well.

He closed a chapter in his life. But it is now time for the next one.

-----------
Hii!
So this one was my own, and it made me sad...

If anyone has a request, you can send it to me!

Xxxxxxxx