013

Amore.

That's what Harry had called his nice friend Liza and boy were those two closer than two peas in a pod.

Not a second went by that Harry wasn't wearing a playful smile on his handsome face or letting out an amused chuckle here and there when he was with Liza, the two currently sitting at a table conversing over half eaten cheesecake and memories while I sat in the back at the hotel bar.

Alone.

Just sippin' mah eggnog.

I observed their interaction as I drank from my cup, holding the homey looking mug to me as Harry rubbed the tip of his nose to hold back his chuckles while Liza began to explain something with elaborate hand motions, a joking smile on her face while I let out a small thoughtful sigh, pursing my lips.

It was nice to see Harry happy, actually enjoying someone's company for once.

It was a side I had never seen from him and it was more than refreshing to see him like that, even if I wasn't the reason why.

"Now that's gotta hurt." A familiar, charismatic voice said from behind, making me jolt on my stool in surprise, almost making me drop my drink in the process before I quickly caught it, hunched over the sloshing liquid in alarm before I glanced back at Bryan and Ryan who were leaning against the bar on the other side with identical, sympathetic expressions.

"Oh goodness you two scared me." I breathed out, placing a hand over my racing heart as I sent them a nervous smile while they exchanged looks for a moment before turning back to me.

"You're scaring us sweetness, you're taking this way too well." Bryan spoke up with a confused voice as Ryan nodded at his side while I raised my brow at them.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, moving on my stool to face them as they studied me.

"Well duh." Bryan began, giving me an incredulous look as Ryan crossed his arms over his chest.

"Your best friend there, the one's penis you saw. He's out there getting all comfy and kadoodling with his old pal while you're just sitting here letting it happen." Ryan nodded over at the two who were still deep in conversation, Liza now eating her cake while Harry leaned back in his chair, intently listening to her speak, seeming to hang on to her every word as I blinked at them.

"Well yeah, it's understandable." I reasoned in an unconcerned tone, running my finger absentmindedly along the rim of my mug.

"Harry seems to have known Liza a lot longer than he has with me and that's perfectly okay. All I can do is let him enjoy his time to catch up with her. I'm just hoping one day he'll look at me with a smile rather than a scowl like he does with her." I explained with a sense of hope laced in my words, taking another sip from my drink as I stared at the two with a longing expression.

"But, I'm working on it and I know Harry will be comfortable with me one day as well." I then said, turning back to the twins with a confident smile, placing my cup down firmly onto the counter and straightening my posture as they stared at me for a few moments.

Well gee, I know I may not be Harry's most favorite person on Earth but I don't think he detests me as much as he tries to lead me on to think.

Hopefully...

"Oh my god it's like talking to a puppy." Bryan muttered under his breath in awe as he glanced at his brother who rubbed the back of his neck.

"What? What did I say?" I asked in a lost voice, looking between them with wide eyes.

"Malu don't you get it? Having three close friends never works out." Ryan reiterated with a grim face.

"Never." Bryan backed him up as my smile dimmed.