038

"I took up writing once I was the only advanced agent left in the facility

"I took up writing once I was the only advanced agent left in the facility. I used the name Marriette, very elegant don't you agree?" The woman who I had looked up to, stayed up nights on end to read her works only to find out she was the same girl who wanted me dead lit a cigarrette in her well manicured hand, crossing her arms over her chest before sending me a bitter smile.

"Where's Harry." I demanded, frowning and attempting to free myself from the grips of the guards besides me who had escorted me to this place.

Harry and I were immediatly surrounded in that bookstore near my old apartment.

With lowered guns of defeat we were forced to stay compliant as the women covered our faces with sacks, causing us to blindly follow their orders as we were pushed out the back and ushered into a car.

When we arrived at the facility that we had run away from so many years ago, we were separated.

I needed to have him near me, to know he was safe.

"Let her go." Two simply dismissed the guards with a brief wave of her hand, causing them to release me as my shoulders heaved up and down slightly in worry while they backed away.

We were now in a secluded, gray room with no windows, the back space hidden underneath dark shadows behind her as I took in her middle aged form, how her taut skin had sagged and creased over years along with the the pale hue of blonde that withered into salt and peppered streaks.

But her blue eyes remained as cold as they were since the first day I had met her, except this time it was different for me.

I was not afraid of her.

"I truly am flattered that you liked my works," Two spoke up with a haughty laugh, slowly circling around me with an observant expression before a sly grin spread across her face.

"I knew you would." She whispered, and just like that I knew I had fallen right into her trap the minute I purchased one of her books.

Two didn't believe in relationships or friendships at all for that matter.

But she knew I would, even as I grew into an adult.

She knew my constant longing to have a friend and to not be alone would sooner or later bring me to her works.

She used my fears against me, and it was as plain and evident as the ink on the paper that were binded together in the book of lies I engulfed myself in almost everyday.

"My how've you grown." Two admired with a reminiscent sigh, as if she were an endearing sister as I kept my gaze on her, not even blinking when she reached out to push a few waves of my hair off my shoulder.

"Where's Harry." I repeated myself again, pushing her hand away as she simply smiled, faking an innocent look.

"Now you don't have to be so cross with me. I'll happily let you and Harry go. Look," She said, raising a small bottle with a blood red liquid inside as she tossed it to me, making me catch it with a straight face before I gazed down at it with furrowed brows.