020

"When will our client be here?" I wondered from across the couch, curiously looking around and admiring the luxurious hotel room Harry and I were currently in as we waited for the person our mission revolved around

In response, Harry checked his watch, the usual, serious expression on his face before he flickered his green eyes back up to me.

"In a few minutes." He answered, crossing his arms over his chest and going back to resting as he closed his eyes and rested his head back against the cushions, making me smile softly to myself knowing he had spent all night last night trying to fix my nightgown he had accidently torn.

I of course understood he didn't mean it and although it was a beautiful gown, it was a materialistic thing that could always be replaced.

But the fact that Harry had tried to sew it back just for me absolutely warmed my heart.

"Grazie compagno." I thanked him in Italian when I plopped down besides his body on the couch, making him open one eye to send a sideway glance my way with a straight face before a small smirk spead across his pierced lips.

"Non siamo compagnos." Harry responded, going back to closing both eyes and ignoring me as I gaped up at him.

"Of course we're partners." I insisted with confidence, reaching out and gently tugging his shirt to get his attention as he maintained his calm, resting, face.

I placed my chin on his shoulder, watching him with furrowed brows as I patiently waited.

"Harry I know you're awake..." I whispered in a soft voice, not wanting to disturb him just in case I was wrong as his chest rose and fell in a steady manner.

"No I'm asleep." He answered in a deep, husky voice as I blinked up at him.

"Oh, okay sorry." I apologized, moving away to give him some space as I put a greater distance between us, bringing my knees to my chest and patiently waiting.

"It's fine neonata." Harry said, eyes still closed.

After a few moments of silence I finally raised my head and snapped my gaze to him in realization.

"Wait a minute, you are awake." I accused, going back to him as he continued to ignore me, a hint of a miniscule smile on his handsome face.

Harry was very confusing, one moment he was kissing me and the next he claims we're not even partners in our work together.

"Harry, do you like me?" I asked with uncertainty, wanting to check just in case since his mixed signals were confusing me as I rested the side of my face on his hard, tattooed bicep.

"No." He almost said immediatly, making me frown as I pulled back to look at him, not saying anything.

"You didn't ask if I loved you bambina." He smirked with his eyes still closed, taking my silence as a sign of defeat before a spark of joy ignited inside of my chest at his words, making me raise myself up from the couch to lean over him with excitement as I brought my hands to my face, peering down at him with wide, eager, eyes, squealing to myself.