031

I finally had time for myself

A week had passed without seeing that annoying, hyperactive brat around and I was more than relieved.

That was until I entered the hallway.

I watched as Three was being ushered by two large security guards on both of her sides, her head hung low, brown hair hiding her face while I was going in the opposite direction of them.

Just look away I told myself as I darted my tongue out to wet my lips, forcing my eyes away.

Don't get involved.

Just walk past them.

My gaze darted from her to the path in front of me as I fought an internal battle  in my head that shouldn't have even been there in the first place before I finally stopped, right besides the trio in the corridor.

"What's going on here." I demanded in a deep, monotone voice, fully turning to them as the security guard froze considerably under my attention while the little girl they were holding raised her head with wide brown eyes at the sound of my voice.

I ignored her gaze, making sure to keep my eyes locked on the men besides her.

"Morning Agent One." They both recited their sign of respect that everyone here was taught to show me as I stood there with an impatient look.

"We're just taking her to solitary confinement," The one on the right explained, harshly tugging the little girl as she looked away from him with a small pout.

"The little brat put a kill code on the bombing system we were making her work on for weeks. Everything's gone." The other on her left spat, gripping hard onto her small arm in annoyance as she stayed still, not meeting my gaze when I glanced down at her.

"Bombing is mean." She mumbled under her breath, staring down at her feet.

"Shut up you little-" One of the guards sneered, raising his hand to her before I quickly grabbed his wrist, stopping him from striking her.

Both men snapped their heads to me with wide fearful eyes, the man's wrist I was holding quivered slightly as I locked my glare on him.

"I will take it from here." I tell them, my words coming out low and slow as they exhange apprehensive looks.

"But One, we've got specific orders-"

"I said," I repeated in a darker tone, tightening my hold on the man's wrist making him visibly wince as he grit his teeth and cowered slightly under my grip while I felt the little girl's wide eyes on me.

"I will take it from here." I demanded, watching the pathetic man sweat.

"Come on Ted, just give her the girl. He is in charge of most of the punishments around here, he'll find a way to discipline her into shape." The other guard persuaded in a slightly shakey voice as him and the man glanced at one another, probably afraid that I would snap his wrist at any moment which I had no problem with before they finally let Three go, shoving her small body towards me.