Bonus Chapter: Spencer

"Mind if I pass by tomorrow to see Period?"

"Her name's Dot." Harry deadpanned through the phone with an irritated tone, making me grin as I leaned back in my chair, ruffling my dirty blonde tufts of hair.

"Yeah yeah, well, so can I visit and buy the princess ice cream tomorrow or not." I let out a small, amused chuckle, my gaze suddenly flickering to the macaroni necklace on my table.

"Sure." Harry responded, never seizing to surprise me on how much he's changed ever since him and Malu had Dot.

Half of me wanted to tease the shit out of him but the other half seemed to deflate at the thought of Malu.

My grin faded and I sucked in a sharp, slow inhale, taking the hard shelled, pasta necklace in my grasp, fidgeting with it between my calloused fingers and staring at it in thought.

"You know you can see her too." Harry suddenly spoke in a gruff voice, making me refocus back on our conversation as I blinked with creased brows, shifting in my chair.

"Hm," I said in a distracted tone, still holding onto my trinket before he elaborated.

"Malu, you can see her-"

"I don't know man." I cut him off, sucking a breath between my teeth as I shook my head even though he couldn't see me.

"She's getting better," Harry informed, "She's still there."

I let the necklace slip from my fingers before pinching the space between my closed eyes, trying to rid myself of my head and heart ache.

I couldn't see her.

I just couldn't bring myself to look at her big brown eyes and for the first time find nothing in them.

I wasn't ready to face her again.

"Good to hear, good to hear..." I muttered, nodding.

But I meant it, it was good to hear that Malu was still there.

It was just- the thought that she'd never really be the same as she was before was what really got to me.

"Look, I got some stuff to do so I'll see you tommorrow. Give Malu a big kiss for me yeah?" The teasing lilt on my voice returned despite the sad smile on my face.

I didn't bother to ask him to give Dot a hug from her amazing Uncle Spencer since I'd make sure to give her one tomorrow.

"Sure, but it won't be for you." Was the last thing Harry scoffed into the speaker before the line went dead, making me let out a small laugh of amusement as I stared down at the phone before turning it off and sliding it across the table.

My gaze always seemed to be magnatized to the pasta necklace on my desk, forcing me to tilt my head up and train my eyes on the ceiling above me as I leaned back, the chair creaking under my weight while I situated both of my hands on the back of my head and sighed.