041

AN: Thank you readers for bringing joy to my writing and making of Colors and so many other stories. I am forever grateful.

It seemed that I did not need to find emotions for they found me.

I thought anger was quite a strong emotion, but it proved to be only one of the very evident sensations I would experience the longer I stayed with Dot and Harry.

"Shhh..." Dot cautioned with wide eyes, holding my hand in small warm one as we tiptoed through the hallway and into the main bedroom where Harry was taking a nap.

"Daddy always takes naps on Sundays. I like waking him up." She whispered, her soft finger pressed to her cute lips as I blinked and nodded, just following her as we slowly snuck into the room where Harry was sleeping, the door slowly creaking open and revealing Harry's covered body, hidden underneath the white blankets of the bed.

"Shhhh..." Dot widened her eyes, making me gulp as I nodded again with a grim expression, mimicking her actions and placing my pointer finger over my lips before we crept towards the bed.

My daughter confused me a number of times and I found it difficult to comprehend why she did things like this.

Why was it so important to scare Harry?

What was the point.

Dot squealed as if expecting something, giddy with excitemen at she hid behind my legs with a smile, gripping onto the hem of my shirt in her tiny fists and staring at the breathing lump on the bed in front of us.

"I'm scared, I don't know if daddy is just pretending or not. He's always tricking me." She claimed in a low voice, hopping up and down as I sent her a look.

"There is no real threat around, you should not be experiencing fear." I couldn't help but point out as I looked about my surroundings, sensing no real danger as Dot blinked up at me.

"You talk funny." She tilted her head to the side, sending me a smile.

About to respond that I do not talk funny, but in fact speak in the correct manner, the words never managed to leave my lips when a tattooed hand suddenly shot out from under the white blankets and captured Dot's arm, causing the both of us to scream.

I jumped, my hair standing up on my skin as I released a shriek of horror, my heart feeling like it just jolted out from my chest before the hand that held my daughter dragged her small body under the blankets as she yelled and laughed.

Quickly grabbing her free hand with wide eyes I continued to scream in fear for some odd reason, trying to pull her to me not realizing she had stopped screaming and was giggling as she disappeared under the blankets when she slipped from my grasp while I proceeded to freak out.

"Ahhhhh!!!" I shouted with bulging eyes, panting slightly, my body still shaking from the fright before I eventually calmed when no movement was made underneath the blanket.

My chest rose and fell rapidly, gaze glued to the bed as I placed my hand over my racing heart.

I did not like this sensation.

I did not like it at all.

"Dot?" I swallowed with a hoarse voice, not knowing why I was so worried when I knew Harry and her were just underneath the covers as I blinked and tilted my head, bending down slightly to peek underneath the blankets.

Dot's small baby-like hand came out before she made it into make shift puppet.

"Join us..." She made her hand whisper to me as I furrowed my brows and frowned.