025

Now I knew.

Now I knew why assassins weren't allowed to have any romantic relationships.

Harry had failed his mission but succeeded in saving me.

It was his last mission Angelo had assigned him, meaning he would have to face Angelo even if he was no longer our current boss.

"I'll explain everything, I'll tell him it was my fault, that I didn't shield him fast enough or I got in Harry's way. Yeah, he'll believe me." I insisted with enthusiasm, a hopeful expression on my face as my feet quickly carried me across the room, pacing back and forth worriedly while Spencer and Harry watched me silently from the side.

We were all currently in my apartment, the two of them just sitting there on my couch, Harry leaning forward and resting his toned, tatted, forearms on his knees with a bored expression while Spencer watched me with a slight grimace of concern, his arm splayed casually against the back of the sofa now dressed in his pants again while I had changed into my home clothes.

The only sound in the room was my heavy breathing and hasty steps that seemed to be drowned out by the loud, vibrating music going on in the floor below mine as my walls thrummed along with the beat and hollers.

It was New Years Eve after all, 10:45pm to be specific but at this moment, not even a new beginning excited me in the least.

"Alright bubbie, the important thing here is that you're both okay and Victor only got hit in the shoulder." Spencer spoke up with a clap of his large hands, rising from the cushions to grab my wrist, stopping me from running around my living room like a chicken with its head cut off as I paused, realizing I was hypervenilating.

His brown eyes locked with mine as he urged me with his free hand, making a show of slowly inhaling and exhaling as if coaching a pregnant woman giving labor before he motioned for me to do the same, making me swallow with a dry throat before I copied his actions,

Spencer grinned when I calmed, giving me a thumbs up and letting me go while Harry watched us from the couch with a brooding look on his face.

"Everything will be fine, besides, if Harry needs help I know you'll vouch for him-"

"No she won't." Harry snapped, cutting Spencer off guard as he rose from the couch while I stepped to the side to give him a look.

"Why of course I will." I defended in all seriousness, raising my chin up high to meet Harry's glare as he glowered down at me, meeting me halfway while Spencer moved his head, looking between the two of us with slightly widened eyes.

"No, you won't." His deep, bitter voice emphasized, taking another step forward while I brought my lips inward in frustration.

"I want to help-"

"What I did was my choice, my responsibility, my consequence. You will not intervene." Harry ordered, his intense green eyes narrowed down at me as I brought my stiff shoulders up, my small hands balled into tight little fists before I poked his broad chest.

"You are my partner and best friend. I'm not just going to sit here and wait for you to get reprimanded." I countered in a solid voice, not budging as I watched his sharp jaw clenched in annoyance.

"I swear neonata I will tie you down if I have to for you to keep still and shut your mouth." Harry threatened with hostilty, my gaze unwavering even when we were only inches away before Spencer cut in, swiping his pointer finger in the air like it was a swab, catching both of our attention.

He then licked his finger, smacking his lips together as if tasting some invisible, foreign substance while looking down at his finger with a creased brow.