09. Monsters Under Your Bed

09. Monster Under Your Bed

In my nightmares someone else is calling you theirs.

The blonde, I am guessing is Celeste drapes herself on Victor's arm.

"Why haven't I seen you before, you weren't avoiding me were you" Celeste her voice is like poison, laced with idk more poison.

I already knew that I would seriously dislike this person. Even her voice was sending shivers down my spine and not the good kind of shivers.

"I was focused on my skater, how are you doing in the competition" Victor asks, I had completely forgotten that not only the male competition was held here, but so was the females.

"I am currently ranking first place, as usual really" She smiles massively bearing her teeth, no wait fangs really.

"Well ever since the Masked Mistress stopped skating you climbed up the ranks" Victor's mention of the former ice skater put her of.

"That is not important anymore, she is gone and I am the best there is." Wow, this girl was way too confident for my tastes.

"Well I gotta go my coach is waiting for me, see you" She disentangles herself from Victor and walks of. I, personally, couldn't be happier.

"I hoped I would never have to see here again" Yuri says and I laugh a little too hard.

"Well I can see why" I add to his statement.

"She is not that bad once you get to know her" Victor says and raises his shoulders.

"Whatever, let's get something to eat I am hungry" Yuri drags us along and we exit the rink.

We follow him out and go to a small restaurant, one way or another people haven't spotted Victor yet and I am glad of it.

We all order our food and wait in silence, well I do. Victor and Yuri are talking about the free program of tomorrow.

A few hours later we get back to the hotel. There is not a lot of work to do so I just grab a book and nestle myself in the windowsill. I have a blanket draped on my lap and I am surrounded by pillows.

I allow my mind to wander into the world of fantasy and try and forget how awful yet beautiful life can be. Before I know it my eyes flutter shut and I enter a world that is entirely my own.

Again I see my mother's approving smile, she is so proud. My dad is already planning the next victory when he loses focus. The crash keeps playing over and over. My mum's scream and my anxiety.

From far I can see the fear in my eyes, the realization that hits when I see my mum on the dashboard. The echoing cries when I figure out that I lost my mum, that my dad's smile will never brighten up his face again.

My own scream brings me back to reality and the book falls to the ground. I am on my feet within seconds and tears are blurring my vision. I thought the nightmares were getting less, but I am guessing that now the second year mark is coming closer the nightmares will intensify.

I get to my bed and for a long time I try to catch my sleep, but I simply can't. Slowly I get up and before I know what I am doing I have already knocked on his door.

The light switch is turned on and I can hear noise coming towards the door. It slowly opens and it reveals Victor's sleepy yet slightly annoyed face.

"Do you have any idea what time–" When he notices the look on my face his expression changes.

"Em?" It takes him a while to figure it out while I stand there in silence

"I thought the nightmares were getting better" ­

"I thought so to, but today was worse than others, I am sorry I should not have woken you" I need to turn around and leave, but I don't.

"No, I told you to come to me if you ever have nightmares, please come in" He takes my hand and drags me in.

I just now realize he is not wearing a shirt and my face heats up. He doesn't seem to notice as he walks back to the bed, taking me with him.

When we are both sitting in the bed he looks at me. "What was the dream about?"

"The usual, yet this time I was looking at the scene, I could see the fear in my own eyes the moment I realized I was losing my mum." My voice falters and I am tearing up again.

"I would do everything to take that memory away" He takes me in his arms and I rest my head on his chest. I let out a breath and embrace his warmth. He smells like the ocean and soft pine trees and it makes me feel safe.

"Try to get some sleep, I am here when something happens" I nod and his arms are strong around me, unyielding.

He easily falls back asleep, but keeps his arms laced around me. His warmth is overwhelming and without knowing it, I am exactly where I wanted to be.

With this thought in mind I fall asleep without nightmares this time.

When I awake I am still wrapped in Victor's arms and I snuggle a little closer to his chest. Why is it that with him present I can sleep.

Now that I think about it ever since I went to Japan I had never slept this well, having him close and knowing he was there really helped me sleep.

His eyes flutter open and he smiles, I follow suit. His hair has fallen in front of his eyes and I don't even want to know what I look like, my hair must be all over the place like usual.

"Good morning, did you sleep'

"Yes I did, thanks again. I just suck at sleeping" he smiles

"Well lucky for you I am extremely good at it" he stands up and I rub the sleep from my eyes.

"Yeah I am really lucky" I am lucky, lucky to have him even though he does not know how much that really means to me.

"I should get ready, see you in the skate hall?"

He nods and I get back to my own room, I take a quick shower before dressing in simple denim skinny jeans and a pine green hoodie.

I make my way to the rink and I am one of the first to get there. I take a seat and wait for the skaters and audience to roll in.

Lucky for me the female free program is tomorrow so I am hoping Celeste won't be here. Slowly I see skaters get on the ice, Chris is the first one and to my surprise I see him practice his triple axel. A smile creeps up on my face as I remember what I said about his axel just yesterday.

Yuri gets on the ice soon after and he waves as I take a bite of my apple. He seems tired, I wonder if he slept at all. When Victor takes a spot next to me I know that he must have noticed it to.

Chapter 9! I am writing ahead and I am half way past chapter 13 now! I might have mixed up the dates for the skating period, but I want Christmas and Victor's birthday to be in the story! Hopefully I will be uploading that on the 25th! So expect a lot of chapters the coming days! Also I have been thinking of a ship name, but I am not sure yet! Do you guys have an idea?