41. Familiar Warmth

41. Familiar Warmth

You can be my guiding light, keep me company in the night.

"I'll drink to that" Yuri says and we put our glasses together. After we are done eating Sirra excuses herself and goes back to the hotel, Yuko leaves not soon after. Yuri and Tammy are still there, but only have eyes for each other.

"I think I am going back as well, I am quite exhausted." I stand from my seat and grab my purse. We had already paid the bill so that was taken care of so there is nothing left to do.

I get a small good night from Tammy and Yuri before I head out.

"Hey Em, wait up" Victor runs up to me and takes a walk with me. "I'll walk you to your hotel"

I smile and in silence we make our way towards my room, ever since I left Japan I had been sleeping horribly, I stay up late and when I fall asleep I am awoken by dozens of nightmares.

Hopefully I will be able to sleep, if only a little. I feel a lot better and knowing I would go back home, to the place where I belong put my mind at ease. We take the elevator which takes us up to the 4th floor, the floor my room was on.

Far too soon we reach my room and I unlock the door. "this is me" I tell him and give him a small smile.

"Do you mind if I come in?" he himself sounds a little awkward, it had been a few months since we were alone in my room.

"No...no of course not" I open the door and get in myself, I take a seat on my bed and Victor strides to one of the chairs, sitting down himself.

I let out a nervous laugh and nearly hit myself, why am I feeling this way? I had been so close to him, closer hadn't been possible yet I still felt nervous like a little child.

"Vitya I" I was on the verge of apologizing again but the look on his voice stopped me.

"Zvezda, please stop apologizing! I wasn't angry and I get it, you believed I didn't love you." He stands up and makes his way to me, he put his hands on my knees and goes through his knees "but Em, please believe me when I say this, I love you, I think I might have always loved you."

His eyes lock with mine and he holds my gaze.

"You are the best thing that has ever happened and without I feel lost, like I am going through a crowd without purpose." I glance at my feet and he moves his hands to my cheeks.

"Ember" he lets out a sigh "if you could see yourself through my eyes you would see what you mean to me, you would see how amazing you are and why I believed you left me because I would never be good enough."

I snorted, he really had no clue. If anything it was the other way around, he was the one that brought me back, gave me a reason.

"Ember Aguirre do you have any idea how you make me feel when I see you watching me, when I see you observing me" he pauses once more "you see more than most people do and I am so glad I got to be the one to tear down your walls, to see who you are in here" he puts his hand over my heart and my face heats up.

I wrap my arms around his neck and for once I am bigger than he is, because he was still kneeling. I press a kiss to his forehead and run my fingers through his hair.

He brings his face up to mine and our lips lock. I kiss him with everything I have left in me and hope it's enough to show him how much he means to me, how much I love him.

I pull his shirt over his head and run my fingers over his muscular back. I lose my shirt soon after and I fumble with his belt. My face is flushed and he is pressing kisses to my collarbone. It doesn't take long before I stand before him fully bare.

I blush furiously and he himself is aroused, he takes me into his arms and touches me gently. With every move I love him more and for what seems like forever everything that surrounds me is him, his voice, smell. I breath him.

Pulling up the sheets he pulls me close. His chest is rising quickly and we are left a little sweaty. I look up his ocean blue and find him smiling at me. My cheeks once again turn a shade of crimson and his smile turns into a full fetched laugh.

"Only you can blush after making love" he whispers and kisses my temple. "You are so beautiful my little star"

Not soon after we get up and take a quick shower, there is nothing sexual about it, but I enjoy being with him. Knowing he is here is such a blessing.

He goes into my room first and merely puts back on his boxer. I myself search for some undies.

"Is this what I think it is" I hear him mumble and I look up, in his hands he holds his navy blue shirt, the one I had taken with me. "This is mine isn't it? I wondered where I left it"

"Yes it is yours" I stutter "I unintentionally packed it when I left and ehm well—" my voice falters, but Victor waits patiently for me to finish the sentence.

"I hadn't been sleeping well ever since I left, so I decided to take it here, because well...your smell makes me sleep better" I continue and can't help but feel a little embarrassed.

"You have been having nightmares for over 2 months?" he asks still holding onto his own shirt.

"Yes" I admit

"The same as before? The crash?" he takes a step closer, looking at me with concern

"No" I pause "I dreamt of drowning, drowning over and over"

He is staring at me now, a sadness to his eyes. "Oh Em" is all he says and he pulls the shirt over my head. I wrap my arms around his waist and breath in his scent, the smell making me feel safe.

Taking my hand he pulls me to my bed, he will stay with me. I bury my head in his chest and his arms are wrapped around me like walls, protecting me from harm.

For the first time in the two months since I left I fall into a sleep filled with dreams. I dream of a pond that resembles the colour of his eyes and the stars and the moon is shining down upon it. It is surrounded by the forest with its pine green trees and everything is safe.

The ocean meets the forest.

The last full chapter for my birthday! Happy 20th to me haha! I hope you like it!!!!

Xx Esmay