33. If Not Now, When?

Your faith has to be greater than your fear.

I join Sirra at the breakfast table and let out a yawn. Shr pours me a cup of coffee and I thank her. Taking a sip I start eating my scrambled eggs.

"I think you are ready" Sirra says, breaking the silence.

"ready for what?" I ask as I furrow my brows.

"ready to finish your therapy" she explains. I am surprised by her words, but wait patiently for her to tell me what exactly it is she wants me to do.

"I thought of a way to finish it and we will be going there today, so pack your bags and be ready in an hour" everything remains quite mysterious, but I am glad to finally leave therapy behind me. I have to get my life in my own hands.

I merely nod and when I am finished with breakfast I do as she asks. I pack my bag and we head to the airport. She instructs me not to look at the destination and I almost feel like a little girl again, going on an adventure with my father in the wild woods of Canada.

We get on the plane and I get earplugs in my ears, Sirra really doesn't want me to know where we are going so she stops at nothing to prevent me from knowing. After a flight of approximately 2 hours we land and get out of the plane.

I look around trying to figure out where we are while we are waiting on our bags. Sirra is watching me, probably waiting for me to figure it out. Then I see it.

Barcelona.

Why would we be in Barcelona? I try to wrap my mind around it. Had I been here before? I don't think so. What was so special about Barcelona that Sirra was taking me here?

The Grand Prix.

The Grand Prix is in Barcelona, Sirra is making me go there. She sees the realization on my face just before I speak.

"No, No!" I protest, I will not go to the Grand Prix I will not see them again, I won't, I can't.

"Yes you are, Yuri Katsuki is skating and you need to finish what you started, besides you will see your friends again"

She truly has no idea what she just did, my heart startd hammering as I drag my bags from the track. We head for our hotel and to my luck and surprise it's not the same as Yuri's and Victor's.

"We will head to the rink tomorrow for the Short Program" Sirra says just before I go into my room.

I crash down on my bed not bothering to unpack. My mind races from one thing to the next and I can't focus on anything and because of my mingled brain I fall into an uneasy sleep.

A knock on the door wakes me up and Sirra enters.

"Get up we are heading out in 15 minutes, the Short program is about to start"

I do as she asks, but not without complaining every step of the way. I just don't want to go. Sirra doesn't mind any of it and merely waits until I am done.

We head out and take a walk to the rink. I get a pass around my neck and my heart is beating out of my chest. I am terrified to face them. When we enter, the venue is filled with people and I hope that in the chaos I might go unnoticed.

We take a seat and I hope to mingle with the audience. The skaters are warming up and I watch Yuri, he seems fairly calm and it makes me smile. I missed him so much. I spot Victor watching Yuri and my heart makes a backflip, good to know my heart will betray me at any turn.

Nonetheless I missed him more than I care to admit. After 30 minutes or so the hammering in my chest dies down a little and my breath steadies. The skaters get off the ice to prepare for their short program.

Sirra is watching everything with a keen interest, completely unexperienced when it comes to skating. I stare at my phone, I had still not changed my background, I didn't have the heart to do so.

"Ember? Ember!" I feel arms around my neck nearly choking me to death as I recognize Yuko.

"You are here, why are you here? For Yuri of course stupid question, we missed you so much You will never know" she mumbles as she lets go of me.

I smile at her "I missed you to Yuko" I hug her once more and she smiles.

"Come with me, we will meet Yuri and Victor backstage" I flinch at his name and any hope I have that she doesn't notice fails.

"Ember" she is way to observant so I try and conceal my true feelings. "Why did you really leave, that wasn't it was it?" I merely watch her, not answering.

"It's okay you don't have to tell me, tell me when you can, but they really want to see you, I will be right there beside you" she tells me and I agree. Sirra nods and I go with Yuko.

We pass a few skaters and I know that they are almost ready to start. Yuri is the first one, so we hurry to his dressing room. We can hear voices inside when Yuko opens the door.

"Yuko is something wrong?" I am concealed behind Yuko and when she steps aside I see them, both of them. Victor is towering behind Yuri and I see both of their eyes widen.

"Ember?" Yuri takes a leap and I meet him half week, wrapping my arms around him. For a while he just holds on.

"You didn't think I would let you celebrate your victory without me do you?" I laugh and he merely hugs me again. Victor is standing behind him dumbfounded and I try not to look at him.

Yuri let's go of me and he seems even more rested and happy. I give him an encouraging smile.

I look from Yuri to Yuko and finally I look at Victor. He is still staring at me.

Skaters 5 more minutes. A man announces and I am brought back.

"Go, knock em dead" I pat his shoulder and he nods. Yuri walks out and Victor follows him waiting in front of me.

"I am glad you came back to watch him" he tells me and I give him a small smile. His eyes lack the usual sparkle and when he walks of I notice a ring on his hand. I shake it off and turn to Yuko.

"Let's go and see Yuri's victory" and we do.

Hey people!! What do you think is in store for Vikber?? I finished writing and there are 7 more parts after this and an epilogue, but I have already started plotting book 2! So stay tuned, any guessing to what the title might be??

Xx Es