19. Road to Moscow

19. Road to Moscow

❝ Without you I feel broke, like I'm half of a whole. ❞

We get to the airport without major issues and I am glad of it. I never particularly liked traveling, it was just a necessary evil. We quickly check in and go through security. Getting to Moscow took nearly 20 hours. We would travel from Nagasaki and this allowed us to get there in one go.

"You must be excited to go home, huh?" I ask Victor as I take a sip of my coffee.

"Yeah, I have lived in Moscow before I moved to St. Petersburg so I would love to see my home again" he himself opted on tea.

"Maybe you can show me around" I ask him, clasping my hands around my cup.

"I would love that, Em, really" his eyes sparkle more than they did before.

"Let's get to the plane guys, we need to board" Yuri says and we stand in unison. Everything goes well and we are seated quickly. This time I get to stare out of the window. I plug in my earbuds and let the music play as I stare at the clouds. This was definitely a perk to flying, the view!

Life's a climb, but the view is great, I smile knowing that things are finally looking up for me. In the last two years I have never been this happy before.

I feel Victor grab my hand and I look up, he smiles and I lean into him, still staring out the window. He kisses my temple and he decides to sleep. The flight passes fairly quickly even though it's one of the longest I ever had. Lucky for us the time distance is only 6 hours, which won't result in a massive jet leg.

I stand up and follow Yuri and Victor out of the plane. We are met by a massive amount of fans and I keep my head low. Both Yuri and Victor take lots of pictures and I stand at the side-lines, but I don't mind. I enjoy watching them interact with fans. Now and then Victor's eyes lock with mine.

"Are you two together?" I am startled by the question and look at the reporter who is standing right next to me.

"No we are not, I am merely a girl who gets to analyse both Victor and Yuri" I lie and keep my voice steady, I have no idea even whether we are together so it's not a complete lie.

"He seems to like you" she's suspicious and maybe she should be.

"We are just friend really, he is just really happy to be home"

"Hmm" not soon after she leaves, probably to ask Victor the same questions.

I wait patiently for them to join me again and we make our way to the hotel. It's situated in front of a park and the country still has lots of snow. I am not sure whether it snows all year round, though.

After checking in we head to the hotel restaurant and I enjoy a hot chocolate. My entire body has gone cold and I need to warm up.

Yuri is way too deep in thought, probably concerned about the competition. "Hey Yuri!" I put my hand on his arm "You are going to do great okay, just listen to me".

He nods and enjoys his meal. We stay of the topic of skating as we eat and I look at the both of them, already focused on tomorrow.

"Ah little piggy" to the comment is the voice of a nasty girlish looking boy attached, no older than 16.

"Hello Yurio" Victor greets the boy. "Ember this is Yuri Plisetsky we call him Yurio"

"I dislike that name" he screams

"Calm down drama queen, nice to meet you" I took at him and laugh at his behaviour.

"hmm I guess" he walks away with a gigantic attitude and I shake my head.

"He seems lovely" I say.

"Just a little understood I think" Victor says, he explains what happened before I arrived in Hasetsu before we head to bed. I am left in the hallway with Victor as Yuri wishes us a good night.

"Good night Vitya" I peck him on the cheek and enter my own room. My own cheeks are slightly flushed as I get into bed. My mind wanders to the ocean as I fall asleep.

I am startle by the bed moving and my eyes fly open.

"Victor?" my eyes are still adjusting to the dark but I can easily spot his grey hair "you scared the crap out of me"

"Move, I missed you" He gets in next to me and I breath in his scent. I cuddle up next to me and put my head on his chest.

"You are not wearing a shirt" I half panic "why are you not wearing a shirt?"

"Perfect observation Sherlock, I never sleep with a shirt" his sleepy eyes are fixed on me and he wraps his arm around me to pull me close.

"Vitya?"

"hmm"

"You sure you are okay?"

"I am okay now, being back is a little harder than I thought it would be" he says as he runs his fingers through my hair.

"You don't usually wear your hair down, I love it when it's down" he gives me a sleepy smile "the smell of jasmine drives me insane"

"What?" I ask him

"Your hair, it smells like jasmine and it drives me crazy" I smirk, I hadn't even noticed my hair smelled like jasmine, he was way more observant than I thought him to be.

I look at him and in my head I am making an entire list of what drove me crazy starting with those eyes of his, the way he smiles and the smell of forest and pine trees.

"What" he laughs. "I could make an entire list of what drives me crazy when it comes to you starting with those eyes of yours" my eyes widen

"I can't believe I actually said that out loud" I blush and bury my head in his chest, not really helping anything.

"My eyes?" he asks "what's wrong with my eyes" he keeps going through my hair.

"Nothing" I look at him "absolutely nothing, apart from the fact that they can pierce my soul and that every single time you look at me it's as if I am drowning in the deepest and bluest of oceans" I explain.

"and here I thought your hair was bad" He laughs and kisses my forehead.

"I care a lot about you Zvezda" my heart warms at his comment and his eyes flutter close from exhaustion, did he sleep before he came here?

I put my head back down and put my hand on his muscular chest. "Good night Vitya" I mumble to his chest as I close my eyes and fall into a motionless sleep.

Hey! Over 400 reads thank you so so much! I hope you enjoy this chapter!!

Xx Esmay