26. Angels and Skylines Meet

You took my soul and wiped it clean.

The next day we were at the rink nice and early, Victor ordered Yuri to take a jog so we could practice the jump he had in mind.

"It is another Curve lift you see" he remarked as he showed me the video again. "I will lift you high in the air and you will be standing on my thighs" I listen intently.

"Then I will hold you and you lean back in a full layback position" he looks at me now "do you think you can do it?"

"I guess we will have to see, but I want to try" I want to succeed.

"considering this is a more difficult lift I would like to try it of the ice first" I nod and for a little while we practice the lift without our skates on, but it will be quite different once we try it on the ice.

"Should we try it on the ice now" I suggest and he nods. I get my skates and tie them carefully. I go onto the ice and start warming up a little. Victor joins me and I smile at him. He never ceases to amaze me, especially when he is on the ice!

He takes my waist and before we try the new lift we practice the old one a few times until we land it perfectly.

"You ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be"

We set in and the first few times it doesn't go as smoothly, we don't fall, but we don't land it perfectly either. I hear the door open, but we both ignore it.

We start again and this time we increase the speed, I grab onto him and climb on his thighs as elegantly as I can. I curve back while Victor crouches. It feels like I am flying and my pony tail falls over my shoulder.

Victor's hands steady me and I know that as long as he is there everything will be alright. I stare at the ceiling and imagine how the world would look from up here. For a little while the entire world is frozen and I would be okay to stay in this little bubble.

I feel Victor adjusting his grip on me and I bent back. He puts me back on the ice and I skate ahead of him to add a camel spin, he notices and mimics me. In unison we end the lift with a camel spin and I skate back to him.

"That was amazing" I tell him and he grins.

"Em do you have any idea how well you are doing" he asks "you are so incredibly steady, and everything you do seems like second nature"

"I have been practicing a little, I don't want to let you down" he shakes his head and wraps his arms around me, I hold on to his waist and grab his shirt from the back.

I look up and see him gazing down at me. He puts one hand on my face and I flash him a smile.

I love you.

My own thoughts scare me and I let go. When I spin around I catch Yuko watching us. I skate to her and see that the triplets were watching to.

"What are you doing here" I ask them

"We heard laughing so we decided to check it out"

"SOOO BEAUTIFUL" the triplets squealed in unison and I let out a laugh, Victor joins me and lifts Lutz into the rink, swirling her around. So he is also good with kids, noted.

Loop and Axel run onto the ice and all demand a swirl with Victor, he gladly abides and lifts all of them into the air as they pretend they are skating. I look at them and can't help but smile.

"He is pretty special isn't he" Yuko observes

"yeah, he is" I admit

"I knew it! You do like him" I look at her and roll my eyes

"Not this again, just let it go"

"Are you together yes or no?"

"Yes, no, idk just let it go will you"

"Fine, fine" she puts up her hands in defeat and smiles at me, and in that moment I know she will never truly drop the subject.

The rest of the day passes by, Yuri and Victor focus on the Triple Axel Double Salchow combination and I observe like I usually do. Yuri starts landing them perfectly and Victor adds a lot of difficulty by trying a Quadruple Flip. Yuri lands them, but he lacks some finesse, but I am sure that will increase later on.

"Okay let's call it a day" Victor says and an exhausted Yuri starts to cool down. I stand, quickly pack my stuff and make my way to the edge of the rink meeting Victor half way.

"You ready to head out?"

"Yeah, just gonna take of my skates real quick, see you in five?" I nod and he gets of the ice, I head towards the door waiting for him. Yuri comes out first followed by Victor and together we head out. It is almost becoming a standard routine.

Victor drapes his arm around my shoulder as we walk back to the resort. I breath in his now familiar scent and enjoy their company. We go in and decide to drink some before dinner.

Over the course of a few hours, including dinner, we drink quite a lot and I start to giggle a little too loud. After dinner we decide to spend time together with everyone and I think it's long past midnight when I go up.

I am not as drunk as I thought I would be and I am happy because of it! Victor follows me and he probably drank more than I did. He looks even happier now than he does when he is sober and it makes me giggle, bloody giggles.

"Good night" I tell him as I enter my room, but he follows me in immediately taking of his shirt making me incredibly uncomfortable, I stare at his chest and my cheeks heat up. Screw you.

I quickly go into my bathroom to change into my pj's. I gently take of my pants and hoodie when I feel hands touching my waist, warmth spreading all throughout me.

"Do you know how beautiful you were today, even more mesmerizing than normally" he whispers in my ear and it leaves me shivering. He turns me around and connects our lips, but this kiss is different it's passionate and demanding.

He takes the elastic from my hair so it flows down my back as he continues kissing me with a fiery passion that might make me pass out. I bring my hands up to his hair and go through his soft hair.

Groaning he pulls me closer and I allow him access. He strokes my hair and pauses at the clasp of my bra. He pulls back slightly to look at me and I nod. I want him, I want every piece of him.

My nod encourages him and he unlocks it. His lips are still locked with mine as he undresses me fully. Before I know it his hands are traveling all over my bare body. Nothing is concealed anymore, but I don't mind. He lifts me against the wall and I wrap my legs around his waist, the alcohol is giving me that bit of extra courage I need. After I don't know how long he lifts me to the bed and loses his pants along the way.

"I can't tell you how much I want you right now my little star" he says as he places me on the bed. One thing led to another and before I know it everything has become his and there is nothing about me he hasn't seen, touched or felt. He fills up every last ache and painful memory and everything is filled with sunshine and with the ocean, his ocean.

The wild unwavering ocean.

Within the safety of his arms I know that I am okay, that what we did was okay, more than okay, and I know that I will never be alone again, never. He was there when I was most vulnerable and it's only fair that those memories not only have tears, but laugher.

While being with him my mood shifted and I am finally able to breath. He unintentionally taught me how to mend myself and I could never thank him enough. I will always remember what he did for me and I will forever be grateful.

The very last chapter of 2016, and going out with a bang! This chapter is a little longer than usual so I hope you like it! 2016 was a pretty shitty year for me, I lost my best friend and lost a lot more. Hope your 2016 was better than mine! Nonetheless I wish you the best in 2017!

Xx Es