16. It's a Date?!

16. It's a Date?!

I have late night conversations with the moon, he tells me about the sun and I tell him about you.

His eyes glimmer because of all the Christmas lights and I smile as I look at my feet.

Victor takes my head in his hands and makes me look at him.

"You are so beautiful" he whispers and once again comes closer, my eyes close automatically and this kiss is way gentler. His lips are soft and warm and he is still holding my head in his hands.

He once again pulls away and I notice that our necklaces have tangled together. I disentangle them and am smiling, he is still holding my face as he stares at me.

"Ember?"

"Hmm?" He made my entire brain go fuzzy, I can't think straight and all I see is his face and the warmth of his lips linger. Everything is tingling.

"I know you told me you wanted us to be friends, but I am not okay with that" He looks down now "please give me a chance, I promise I will do right by you, I don't want your answer now, just spend tomorrow with me and tell me"

Without a goodbye he leaves me standing underneath the mistletoe.

I bite my bottom lip as I go towards my room. My left leg is aching pretty bad and my feet are no longer in the land of the living. I take of my heels and make it to my room in one piece, sort of.

My head is a mess, my make-up slightly run, but everything was completely worth it. I have never felt happier. For a long while I just sit in the window sill staring at the moon. My mind is filled with sunshine and I can't help but smile. The stars are shining brightly when I prepare for bed.

I undress, take of my make-up and jump into my bed. This Christmas was a big success and I can still feel Victor's warmth, warming up my soul.

I don't even remember dozing off, but when I open my eyes the next day I feel fully rested and happier than I did in months. I get dressed and pull my hair into a high pony tail.

Before I know it I hear a knock on my door, I open and see Victor. He is staring at the ground and he looks awkward? Afraid?

"Good morning" I greet him. He has a single red rose in his hand and bring it up at my face.

"Good morning Em" He hands me the rose and I take a sniff. I follow him out, but not before I put the rose in a tiny vase.

"Where do you plan to go today Vitya?" I ask him

"It's a surprise" he says and he smiles warmly. In silence we walk towards god knows where and for the first time in forever the silence is really awkward.

When I glance at him I see the skate dangling from his neck and I smile. I am guessing he meant what he said yesterday.

"You really like it huh?"

"What?" he asks.

"The necklace"

"Yes I do, I would never lie to you" He locks his ocean eyes with mine and smiles.

"We are almost there" he says and stares ahead, I see we are going into the forest and watch my steps. My left leg is not really happy with the heels I wore yesterday and I can still feel the dull ache.

We get to a small pond that is frozen shut and lit with a million lights. I marvel at the beauty of it all. He really planned everything, he must have been here really early this morning to set up all the lights and make sure the ice is secure.

"This is beautiful" I look at him, it was even more beautiful than the temple. "You finally outdid yourself Vitya" I grin wide and I catch him smiling.

"I found it a while back, nobody seems to come here, I brought the skates Yuko got you I hope you don't mind" I shake no and he takes my hand. We sit down and he quickly slips on his skates.

"You just figured I would skate with you" I half tease

"Yep, you need to start using those skates one way or another! Besides how else am I supposed to impress you" He smirks "skating is the one thing I am good at"

"I am pretty sure that is not true" I slip on my new skates and make my way towards the pond, I keep to myself that my leg is still hurting. After I broke it 2 years ago it had always been a weak spot, but I did not want Victor to know that.

He is patiently waiting once again and it gives me a feeling of déjà vu. I take his hand and wrap my scarf a little tighter around me as I hold onto him. I easily skate with him, but he hold me tightly. Because of him I remain steady and don't have to worry too much about my left leg.

"Tell me something about yourself, what do you like to do besides skating?" I look at him and we continue skating.

"Well, skating is such a large part of who I am that there is not a lot left, but I love spending time with Makkachin and I enjoy long walks on the beach" he says

"I love dogs, but I have always been more of a cat person, but I can agree on the long walks"

"Really? What do you like to do, what gets your heart beating faster?"

You, I think but keep my mouth shut. "I enjoy reading, because sometimes fantasy is way better than reality." I smile "also, how cool would it be if you get powers"

He grins "what" I ask him and hit him in the chest.

"Nothing, but I can totally imagine you being able to summon fire" he laughs

"if I could I would burn your ass" I skate away from him and I make a spin.

"Hey, don't you dare skate away from me little star" I start a lap around the rink and he chases me. I am faster than he anticipated and it takes him a couple of laps to catch up to me, he does not cheat by going through the middle.

He catches me by the middle and lifts me into the air, I throw my head back and close my eyes. Breathing in the fresh air and it makes me feel alive. He puts me back down and I hold onto his arm.

It is still christmas! This is their sort of first date! What do you think? Haha

Xx Esmay