30. Long Way Down

30. Long Way Down

It's hard when someone special ignores you, but it's harder pretending you don't care at all.

Weeks pass by and I manage to avoid Celeste as much as I can. The lucky thing for me is that she doesn't recognize nor remembers me. Victor was right, because we are merely friends she leaves me alone.

I am really happy Celeste doesn't stay at the resort, but because she is skating at Ice Castle Hasetsu it is impossible for me to skate during the day, I just don't want her to know I can skate.

During the night I do skate and sometimes Yuko joins me. Lucky for me Victor is a deep sleeper because every single time I return he is sound asleep.

Today is like no other and I awake in his embrace, ever since our last talk we never got back to the topic of us and I am left in the dark as to what I truly am to him, but he is still mine.

"Good morning Zvezda" he greets me and I am met with his soft lips. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I am guessing you slept well" he smiles and I just kiss him, I am guessing this answers his question, because he deepens the kiss. Ever since that first night a few weeks ago we had grown even closer. He was a true gentlemen and man was he good in bed.

There was still a dash of awkwardness, but I no longer felt awkward being naked in front of him. "I am heading to the shower" I tell him as I stand up from the bed "will you join me?" I ask feeling a little cheeky.

"I have to go to the rink a little earlier so keep walking or I'll be late" he smirks and I nod. I take a long shower, I have no intention to observe Celeste. When I am done I quickly change into jeans, a blouse and my boats. When I get there I greet Yuko on the way in and head to the rink.

But before I get there I overhear Yuri and Victor. I hide behind a wall and listen, one way or another I feel like this will be interesting.

"Victor what do you want really" I hear Yuri asking him.

"I want her, I might have always wanted her"

"Do you love her" my heart is hammering in my chest, I hope they can't hear it.

"Yes, more than anything" he says without hesitation and my heart makes a backflip

"Then you tell her before she leaves" Yuri says and I hear a pat on the back. I have no idea whether Yuri patted Victor on the back or vice versa, but that doesn't matter.

They walk of and for a moment I stand there with my hand over my heart. He loves me.

For months I had wondered and hoped that he did, that I wasn't merely a girl who was convenient of a project, a girl who was broken in need of a fix.

After my heart had sort of calmed down I enter the rink. Yuri is on the ice with Tammy and Celeste and Victor is standing at the edge. I walk towards him and settle next to him.

"Hey" I greet him, keeping up the appearance like usual.

"Hey" he says and focuses on the ice. I look at Yuri who is nearly ready for the Grand Prix. I have been in Japan for 11 months now and the Grand Prix will start in less than 2.

He improved so much, he turned into a confident skater and every time I see him skate I know he took my advice to heart, enjoy.

Celeste has such a revealing shirt that you could hide a truck in her cleavage and it would never be found again. I chuckle at my own thought and get a look from Victor. I shake my head and smiling he focuses back on Yuri and the others.

After practice is done I head out the door and say goodbye to Victor and Celeste who had to finish up something about her routine and Yuri and Tammy who are going to get drinks, I really need to talk to him about that. Cheeky bastard, bugging me about Victor, but gaining a girlfriend himself.

I realize I left my bag and head back into the rink. Yuko had already left and asked us to lock up. I go in quietly and see that the door is still open, I get to my bag but when I look up my heart sinks. In the middle of the rink is Victor. He is standing on his skates, but he is not alone he is with Celeste and he is kissing her. Kissing her.

My mouth opens and my heart shatters into a million pieces. I grab my bag and head out running into the cold. Tears roll down my face and I go straight into the forest. I slow my pace and let out a scream when I am sure I am alone.

"do you love her?"

"Yes, more than anything"

"Then tell her before she leaves"

He never intended to tell me, he never loved me. Tell her before she leaves. They weren't talking about me, they were talking about Celeste. Was any of it real?

I feel utterly used and in the process I got my heart broken. I had let him in, I allowed him inside my walls and he crushed my heart. I hadn't realized I stopped crying, I guess my tears were used up.

For a long time I sat on the ground against a big tree debating what I should do. I couldn't stay here. I couldn't face him every single day and seeing my own heart crumble.

After a long time I stand up and stretch my legs. They have become stiff from sitting so long. My tears have dried up and slowly I head back to the resort. The dining room is filled with everyone and I easily spot Victor, he is sitting with his back to the door.

They had already started and that was okay, I see Celeste who is sitting really close to him an I hear her laughter. I see Tammy's sparkling eyes when she looks at Yuri and I see Hiroko watching her son. I don't belong here and with that thought I make my way upstairs.

I need to pack my suitcase before they are all done and head out. I quickly throw in all my stuff and trying not to make a sound I take one last glance around my room. I stare at the bed where we had slept in for so long and leave it there. I make my way to the airport and book the first flight to Amsterdam.

When I am seated I breath out, how long would it take for them to realize I was gone? Would they call? Would they miss me?

Trouble in paradise! Okay where do you think this will go? I am actually curious! Also I have quite the dilemma! I will be writing a second book however I will either have to wait untill the second season (if there will be one) airs and that could take forever. I can also make up my own story line and while I think this would be best I want to know what you think, so please do let me know! 

Xx Es